Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU turns down NIT Bid

Featured Replies

An old guy I know made an interesting point. LSU will share in money the 3 SEC schools earn in March Madness. Their refusal to play is costing other SEC teams money, correct?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An old guy I know made an interesting point. LSU will share in money the 3 SEC schools earn in March Madness. Their refusal to play is costing other SEC teams money, correct?

 

 

Technically, yes. However SEC schools split the football money too.

Technically' date=' yes. However SEC schools split the football money too.[/quote']

 

Why the "technically?"

Why the "technically?"

 

I'm not sure, it just felt right when I typed it lol. Correct answer as far as a simple yes or no would be yes, unless LSU happened to lose money by playing in the NIT.

I'm not sure' date=' it just felt right when I typed it lol. Correct answer as far as a simple yes or no would be yes, unless LSU happened to lose money by playing in the NIT.[/quote']

 

Gotcha. I'm guessing it's not a lot of money but it could cause some schools in conference to be unhappy in principle.

Don't know if Simmons is the reason or not, but he seems like a prima donna. He'll have issues at the next level if that's the case.

Gotcha. I'm guessing it's not a lot of money but it could cause some schools in conference to be unhappy in principle.

 

Personally I think it's a terrible decision and reflects badly on the school. The only reason I could think of to turn it down is to get a head start on finding a new coach.

As a good recruit, Johnny Jones just showed me he can't coach a team. He has #1 pick and another potential lottery pick and can't even get his kids to go play NIT

 

Joke program. Dale Brown would have that team in Sweet 16 at least.

God forbid a top recruit doesn't go to UK.

 

I don't want them all. Some are head cases.

As a good recruit, Johnny Jones just showed me he can't coach a team. He has #1 pick and another potential lottery pick and can't even get his kids to go play NIT

 

Joke program. Dale Brown would have that team in Sweet 16 at least.

One of my favorite quotes on Dale Brown...

"I was worried about losing until I looked down the floor and saw Dale Brown. Then I knew we had a chance."-Bobby Knight talking about 1987 Tournament game when the Hoosiers went down 8 points with around 4 minutes left.

As a good recruit, Johnny Jones just showed me he can't coach a team. He has #1 pick and another potential lottery pick and can't even get his kids to go play NIT

 

Joke program. Dale Brown would have that team in Sweet 16 at least.

 

Now don't go that far. Brown was not very good either

I may be totally wrong, but he just seems like a guy that doesn't work at all to better his game.

Bilas said a few days ago that Simmons should have gone to Kentucky, somewhere that he would have been forced to play with effort or his sit the bench and watch.

But he's been allowed to do whatever he wants at LSU. Jones has pampered him all year. And now he's kicking his teammates and coaches under the bus and heading off for the riches of the NBA with nary a care in the world.

Did UK, Duke, Kansas even want him? I'm sure they offered but I don't know how well he meshes with the culture of those programs.

Maybe next good player will reconsider going to LSU and come to UK to get real coaching

 

Some kids just don't want to get tough coaching that someone like Cal or Pitino will give them, although that doesn't mean that they won't have success in the pros. Simmons just needs to grow up some, doesn't really seem to be a bad kid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.