Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chant at High School Game

Featured Replies

Slow news day. Bunch of teenagers, not doing drugs or roaming the streets and supporting their school team, chanting moderately amusing if not slightly vulgar chants. The paper will print this so some can be butthurt, but won't print out whatever was said that day on Jerry Springer or Sally Jessie Raphael.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nothing wrong with either.

 

If you're going to take shots at the students of your opponent, well you best be able to handle it when they throw it back at ya.

....and you wonder why Wisconsin did what they did.

 

Because they are stupid?

I don't really have any issue with it either. But then St. Henry chanted swamp butt (only they used a different word) at me in a Varsity game my sophomore year. Those light blue Boone County jerseys didn't help me when I had to wear the same one in the JV and then Varsity game lol

It actually sounds like some of the Trump supporter antics, but lets not make this political. It's simply wrong and should not be allowed.

 

I've heard just about everything thing you could imagine and it's really not a big deal to me.

 

All the kids I've talked to that were getting yelled at actually thought it was cool. They thought it was like the stuff you would see an hear at a college game on tv.

 

After I heard that from the kids, I've never given anything I hear much of a thought.

Edited by TexasRanger
add text

The originality of chants used against all male schools leaves a lot to be desired. And to make matters worse, many people feel compelled to make the comment, for whatever reason(s).

I must be a real bastard because I laughed at both.

Are we still allowed to chant

 

You get a rope and i'll get a tree and we will hang us a referee

 

Or is that considered a threat now days.

I must be a real bastard because I laughed at both.

 

Doc, watch opening that door! :lol2:

Are we still allowed to chant

 

You get a rope and i'll get a tree and we will hang us a referee

 

Or is that considered a threat now days.

White ref , black ref , or mountain ref ?

Frankly, I'm impressed by the kids bible knowledge.

White ref , black ref , or mountain ref ?

 

:lol2: :lol2: :thumb:

White ref , black ref , or mountain ref ?

 

Wife already has noose on me so everyone needs to get in line.

I've heard just about everything thing you could imagine and it's really not a big deal to me.

 

All the kids I've talked to that were getting yelled at actually thought it was cool. They thought it was like the stuff you would see an hear at a college game on tv.

 

After I heard that from the kids, I've never given anything I hear much of a thought.

 

I guess I'm just an old school military type guy that likes to keep it disciplined, classy and respectful. You are right, it's not a BIG deal, but if I was an administrator I'd think twice about letting my students stoop to the level of opposing schools that find that acceptable.

I remember playing at West Carter back in the day and their fans chanted "rednecks" and "hillbillies" at us. Imagine that...folks from Olive Hill called folks from Magoffin County rednecks and hillbillies. I thought it was all funny and was in no way offended.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.