March 13, 201610 yr The Newton students started chanting "Sausage Fest, Sausage Fest" at the All-Male Catholic Memorial students then........... BOSTON — An ugly thing happened at a high school basketball game in a suburb of Boston Friday night. It occurred at a division title game between the all-boys Catholic Memorial School and the public Newton North High School, which has a large Jewish community of students. The game was held at Newton South High School, where an estimated 100 young men sitting in the student section cheering for Catholic Memorial shouted, “You killed Jesus, you killed Jesus,” according to several witnesses who asked not to be identified. Most of those chanting fans wore red shirts as a display of support for their team. Some of the witnesses, who were Jewish, said they found the chant alarming.
March 13, 201610 yr Another case : Calif. Dad Outraged at Racist Comments During High School Girls Basketball Game - The Root
March 13, 201610 yr Wouldn't it be classic if it would have turned theological. Imagine if they chanted back "you're welcome" and "so did you!"
March 13, 201610 yr Sounds like some younger Bernie supports just sharping their skills. Feel the burn!!
March 14, 201610 yr Sounds like some younger Bernie supports just sharping their skills. Feel the burn!! It actually sounds like some of the Trump supporter antics, but lets not make this political. It's simply wrong and should not be allowed.
March 14, 201610 yr "Sausage fest..." is very funny. "You killed Jesus..." might be a little much. :thumb:
March 14, 201610 yr This isn't a big deal to me, not even a small deal. I probably isn't, but social media will make it so. I'm tired of the PC stuff as well but you just HAVE to use common sense at times.
March 14, 201610 yr It actually sounds like some of the Trump supporter antics, but lets not make this political. It's simply wrong and should not be allowed. Why be so sensitive ?
March 14, 201610 yr It actually sounds like some of the Trump supporter antics, but lets not make this political. It's simply wrong and should not be allowed. Why be so sensitive ?
March 14, 201610 yr Why be so sensitive ? I'm not sensitive LB, I just believe in kids acting respectful. It's part of the problem we have in today's society, so I'd just rather not fuel it, but try to fix it. It is what it is. Kids will be kids.
March 14, 201610 yr Was it nice no. But I don't get upset about stupid things kids say. Kids are the reason Bernie Sanders has a campaign. So I don't expect common sense.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.