Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm no NBA or scout

Featured Replies

With all this talk about him, you need to watch the Golden State vs. Phoenix game that is on right now, @JDEaston. Devin Booker is significantly better than he was last year at UK.

 

Agree. That is his job now and they work on their craft everyday.

NBA players are really unbelievable. Watch good shooters in warmups. They don't miss.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His percentage was better in college

 

In the NBA the 3 point line

Is father so the floor is more spread. The guards in the NBA can break down defenses which create more 3 point opportunities for shooters.

 

It wasn't that much better and he's playing against much better players in the NBA.

 

I get that the floor is more spread out and it can open up the chance at a three. But those guys are also better, more experienced athletes. Not to mention his 2pt fg percentage is around 44%, which isn't far off from his percentage at UK.

 

What I'm getting at, is that you would think that if the NBA defense is that good, you wouldn't think a rookie with only one year of college experience would be able to keep similar shooting percentages while playing on a bad NBA team. Maybe I'm insane and just hate the NBA, I dunno. But like I mentioned earlier, I used to watch it religiously.

The "don't play defense in the NBA" argument is literally the dumbest stance in all of sports...

@JDEaston

 

Have you been to a NBA game?

 

Yes, several. I was a big Miami fan when Alonzo played for them and used to vacation in Naples, Florida. We would make trips from Naples to Miami to watch them play.

I would agree, but watching the one and done's come in and put up 30 point games in their first year tells me there isn't much defense being played. You can use Devin Booker as an example.

 

You are underestimating just how good Devin Booker is. Also keep in mind that if Bledsoe and Knight hadn't gotten hurt he wouldn't even be playing. He's not only been forced to learn the NBA on the fly he's also being asked to be the #1 scoring option on a horrible Suns team.

With all this talk about him, you need to watch the Golden State vs. Phoenix game that is on right now, @JDEaston. Devin Booker is significantly better than he was last year at UK.

 

I'm watching and he has improved significantly from January to March let alone from last year to this year.

You are underestimating just how good Devin Booker is. Also keep in mind that if Bledsoe and Knight hadn't gotten hurt he wouldn't even be playing. He's not only been forced to learn the NBA on the fly he's also being asked to be the #1 scoring option on a horrible Suns team.

 

Booker has ELITE shooting mechanics. There aren't 10 guys in the world with a better shot...

You are underestimating just how good Devin Booker is. Also keep in mind that if Bledsoe and Knight hadn't gotten hurt he wouldn't even be playing. He's not only been forced to learn the NBA on the fly he's also being asked to be the #1 scoring option on a horrible Suns team.

 

I'm not underestimating him one bit, I know he's good. What I don't get is if the NBA defense is so good, why didn't his percentages drop off given the fact that he was thrown to the wolves with little experience.

The "don't play defense in the NBA" argument is literally the dumbest stance in all of sports...

 

I hate when people say that because it is clear they don't watch NBA games at all. There are some really good defensive teams in the NBA as well. The Spurs, Heat, Jazz and Celtics all play great defense. As an everyday participant in Fanduel you NEVER take players playing against those teams no matter who they are. Ask anyone who took Russell Westbrook and KD tonight.

 

The All Star Game is the only game that no defense is played at all until they decide they don't want Paul George to get the scoring record.:lol2:

Edited by PurplePride92

I'm not underestimating him one bit, I know he's good. What I don't get is if the NBA defense is so good, why didn't his percentages drop off given the fact that he was thrown to the wolves with little experience.

 

The fact that you wrote the bolded, IMO, means a. You don't watch a ton of NBA games and b. You haven't watched a ton of Devin Booker.

 

The simple answer to your query is: He's good!

I'm not underestimating him one bit, I know he's good. What I don't get is if the NBA defense is so good, why didn't his percentages drop off given the fact that he was thrown to the wolves with little experience.

 

Because he really is that good. Imagine how good he would have been if he'd been freed last season instead of playing behind KAT, WCS and the Harrison twins. KAT is the ROY, WCS only plays when Boogie is suspended and I have no clue where the Harrison twins are. And truthfully he had a good January, a horrible February and is off to a great start in March. He didn't see the floor in November and December.

To take it even further, I think Booker could have been every bit as good as Murray while in college if he had been able to play as much as Murray.

You should watch more NBA. I watched Westbrook try to score on Kawhi Leonard and after failing twice he passed the rock.

 

If people would take into the account the degree of difficulty that a lot of shots are taken along with the fact that these are world class basketball players at the highest level I think defense in the NBA would be appreciated a whole lot more.

 

I see way less defense played in college than I do in the NBA.

 

The example you gave is the one team that does seem to always try to focus on defense and have a star player who first became known because of his defense.

 

The NBA players are very capable of playing great defense and that shows in the playoffs and why I enjoy the playoffs. The regular season leaves a lot to be desired though in the amount of energy they use to try to play defense. In college the players seem to be trying harder to play defense and pack the lane more and do make it harder. That is why people always say for some fast guards once they get to the NBA it will be easier for them because there is a lot more spacing.

 

NBA playoff basketball though is a blast to watch. The best players in the world playing all out on both sides of the ball.

The fact that you wrote the bolded, IMO, means a. You don't watch a ton of NBA games and b. You haven't watched a ton of Devin Booker.

 

The simple answer to your query is: He's good!

 

I've already stated I don't watch a ton on NBA games since they decided to go on strike. I have watched every game Booker played in during his college year though. Like I said, he's good, great even. But the fact that he kept similar percentages from his year in college to his year in the NBA (on a terrible team) tells me that the NBA as a whole doesn't play great defense. If they did, his percentages would have taken a hit.

To take it even further, I think Booker could have been every bit as good as Murray while in college if he had been able to play as much as Murray.

 

It would have been fun to watch. I definitely think we would have seen him doing the same damage from the outside coming off picks like Murray. I do think Murray's overall offensive game is better though. When you add the extra spacing in the NBA his offensive game will only get better too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.