Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm no NBA or scout

Featured Replies

If Murray and Ingram both reach their full potential then Ingram will be the better NBA player than Murray and it probably won't be close.

 

I agree with this. However I do think Murray has a better chance at reaching his full potential than Ingram. I see Ingram turning into a star or nothing more than a role player at best.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The effort from his whole team today was putrid. I saw him make passes guys his size shouldn't be able to make and his teammates either missed the shot or they didn't take it at all. His coach is horrible and has done nothing for his development and when it comes to his attitude I blame his coach for that as well. It's clear he and Johnny aren't on the same page and Johnny will likely pay for that.

 

Simmons is a great talent, Johnny Jones is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. The kid made a mistake by going to LSU in terms of preparing himself for the next level, but he's still the best pick in this year's class.

One thing people have to remember is Murray is a PG that's had to learn the SG position. He will be back at the point in the NBA.

If Murray and Ingram both reach their full potential then Ingram will be the better NBA player than Murray and it probably won't be close.

 

 

I could agree with that, but that's a big IF. Murray has progressed a lot throughout the season and played as a PG prior to entering college ball. It's a learning experience but he seems to have a great learning curve. If I were an NBA GM and needed a SG or PG I would take him in a heartbeat.

 

Ingram is great, I'm not trying deny that, but I really think Murray has the most potential of the two, the kid can do it all on offense and lets face it, there is no defense in the NBA.

lets face it' date=' there is no defense in the NBA.[/quote']

 

Myth.

And thank you both @LRCW and @JDEaston for admitting you have blinders on. I respect that a whole lot.

 

I do, but I still do my best to think of things objectively. If the Clyde didn't dismantle the like button I would like your post.

Myth.

 

Agreed. Anybody who downplays any aspect of NBA basketball doesn't watch it.

Myth.

 

Defense in the NBA is garbage. I will stand by that until someone can prove me wrong lol. I used to love the NBA, I won't even watch it anymore outside of the playoffs. It's just a bunch of dudes that just want to get paid and don't seem to care much about the game.

 

I can't blame them, I'd love to make that kind of money. But as a fan, I can see that the college guys care much more and play the game as it should be. I guess once you are already guaranteed millions you look at it in a different way. Just my opinion.

The only questions about Murray's game to me are the position he'll play in the NBA and how his limited athleticism (relatively speaking) will impact him. I think he's probably a guy you could play at point but he's probably better coming off screens like a Ray Allen. Not calling him Ray-Ray but that's kind of his game. He's the best scorer Cal has brought to UK outside of maybe Boogie.

 

JMO but I think he's going to be an exceptional pro. Put him in Minnesota or another young up and comer and watch out.

Agreed. Anybody who downplays any aspect of NBA basketball doesn't watch it.

 

I used to watch it religiously until they went on strike because they thought they weren't getting enough money.

I used to watch it religiously until they went on strike because they thought they weren't getting enough money.

 

I think overall play is down a little this year but the last 5 years has been some of the best the NBA has seen.

I'll say the same thing about Skal that I said about Rajon Rondo - he will be a much better player in the NBA than in college.

 

Disagree. I think an NBA team is going to take away space for a jumper from him and then steal the ball from him. He's also not a good enough defender to get minutes. He's good at one thing and he's streaky at that. For his sake I hope he comes back. I refuse to believe a team would take him in the top 20.

One thing people have to remember is Murray is a PG that's had to learn the SG position. He will be back at the point in the NBA.

 

He can't guard the point in the NBA. Offensively I think his role at UK is a great fit for his game.

I think overall play is down a little this year but the last 5 years has been some of the best the NBA has seen.

 

The best the NBA has seen is a bit of a stretch. If you said you said the best the NBA has seen prior to the strike, I could agree. But the current form of the NBA is nowhere near what it was back then.

Defense in the NBA is garbage. I will stand by that until someone can prove me wrong lol. I used to love the NBA, I won't even watch it anymore outside of the playoffs. It's just a bunch of dudes that just want to get paid and don't seem to care much about the game.

 

I can't blame them, I'd love to make that kind of money. But as a fan, I can see that the college guys care much more and play the game as it should be. I guess once you are already guaranteed millions you look at it in a different way. Just my opinion.

 

NBA playoff defense is the best in the world IMO. Regular season defense is garbage but they have to play 82 games and at least 16 more in the playoffs to reach their goals. If college teams played that many, their defense would suffer too.

 

Also keep in mind that the NBA has the 450 best players in the world. Curry or Westbrook can make a good defense look awful. Not much you can do with LeBron going to the hoop or Durant shooting a three over top of you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.