March 13, 201610 yr I agree with this. However I do think Murray has a better chance at reaching his full potential than Ingram. I see Ingram turning into a star or nothing more than a role player at best. Agreed. Although I do think ceiling is being a lot like KD.
March 13, 201610 yr Simmons is a great talent, Johnny Jones is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. The kid made a mistake by going to LSU in terms of preparing himself for the next level, but he's still the best pick in this year's class. Agreed again.
March 13, 201610 yr The best the NBA has seen is a bit of a stretch. If you said you said the best the NBA has seen prior to the strike, I could agree. But the current form of the NBA is nowhere near what it was back then. You just said you don't watch so your not making an informed decision.
March 13, 201610 yr He can't guard the point in the NBA. Offensively I think his role at UK is a great fit for his game. Defense is certainly something he needs to improve on. That said, I'm not sure many PG's in the NBA can guard him either. The kid doesn't need much room to shoot and if you give it to him he's as deadly as an arrow.
March 13, 201610 yr The best the NBA has seen is a bit of a stretch. If you said you said the best the NBA has seen prior to the strike, I could agree. But the current form of the NBA is nowhere near what it was back then. There's more talent top to bottom now than at any point in NBA history. If there were 30 teams in the 80s we wouldn't remember those years as fondly. Take away five or six teams, which removes the worst 75-80 players in the league and everyone would sing a different tune. Teams don't draft 4 hall of famers any more. The fact that OKC hit on KD, Westbrook and Harden or the spurs found their big three are the exception nowadays.
March 13, 201610 yr I don't know if this makes sense . But I feel Ingram has the better potential to be a teams first option . I think Murray is the better fit to be the #2 with another star. So if Murray went to say the Kings or Pelicans to be the sidekick to Cousins or Davis I think his skill set will shine more. Ingram at his peak could be the best player on a playoff team , Murray I'm not sure about.
March 13, 201610 yr Defense in the NBA is garbage. I will stand by that until someone can prove me wrong lol. I used to love the NBA, I won't even watch it anymore outside of the playoffs. It's just a bunch of dudes that just want to get paid and don't seem to care much about the game. I can't blame them, I'd love to make that kind of money. But as a fan, I can see that the college guys care much more and play the game as it should be. I guess once you are already guaranteed millions you look at it in a different way. Just my opinion. You should watch more NBA. I watched Westbrook try to score on Kawhi Leonard and after failing twice he passed the rock. If people would take into the account the degree of difficulty that a lot of shots are taken along with the fact that these are world class basketball players at the highest level I think defense in the NBA would be appreciated a whole lot more. I see way less defense played in college than I do in the NBA.
March 13, 201610 yr You should watch more NBA. I watched Westbrook try to score on Kawhi Leonard and after failing twice he passed the rock. If people would take into the account the degree of difficulty that a lot of shots are taken along with the fact that these are world class basketball players at the highest level I think defense in the NBA would be appreciated a whole lot more. I see way less defense played in college than I do in the NBA. Like. Cosign . I approve this message.
March 13, 201610 yr The only questions about Murray's game to me are the position he'll play in the NBA and how his limited athleticism (relatively speaking) will impact him. I think he's probably a guy you could play at point but he's probably better coming off screens like a Ray Allen. Not calling him Ray-Ray but that's kind of his game. He's the best scorer Cal has brought to UK outside of maybe Boogie. JMO but I think he's going to be an exceptional pro. Put him in Minnesota or another young up and comer and watch out. Agreed. I'd rather see him on the Knicks, Sixers or Nets though. I like the makeup of the Timberwolves. They need better PG and they should be good to go.
March 13, 201610 yr You just said you don't watch so your not making an informed decision. I guess I was a bit misleading. I do catch plently of games, but not on my own timem which is what I was implying. Generally I catch games at friends houses when I stop by on weekends and there are games on the tv's while we have our get together's. If it's on someone else's tv I'll watch it, but to me it's still garbage compared to what it used to be. I've watched a ton of NBA ball during my lifetime and to say that the past 5 years is some of the best the NBA has seen is absurd in my opinion.
March 13, 201610 yr I use to think that NBA defense was bad until I went and watched some games in person. These guys are good on both sides
March 13, 201610 yr IMO, Ben Simmons is clearly the best player in this draft. We will look back in a few years and wonder how Johnny Jones and LSU didn't win more with him. He will be a star in the NBA, where a coach will actually build the team and offense around his talents. While I like Murray's game, he isn't someone NBA teams will take over Simmons. Murray is a defensive liability at the next level. I also have concerns with whether he is a point at the next level. That being said, Steph Curry drew the same critiques coming out of Davidson. Murray is a lottery pick, no doubt, but he will go between 6-10 in the draft, IMO.
March 13, 201610 yr You should watch more NBA. I watched Westbrook try to score on Kawhi Leonard and after failing twice he passed the rock. If people would take into the account the degree of difficulty that a lot of shots are taken along with the fact that these are world class basketball players at the highest level I think defense in the NBA would be appreciated a whole lot more. I see way less defense played in college than I do in the NBA. I would agree, but watching the one and done's come in and put up 30 point games in their first year tells me there isn't much defense being played. You can use Devin Booker as an example.
March 13, 201610 yr Simmons is clearly number one, not many humans that size can do what he does. He makes teammates better from a position you don't normally see at the college level. Murray is intriguing to the small ball trend the nba is going thru now because he's a shot maker. Every GM is afraid they might miss the next Curry. Playing for Team Canada and getting coached by Steve Nash can't do anything but help his pg IQ.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.