Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN Talks to Uber Driver Andre McGee

Featured Replies

But did they actually talk to him?

 

They show him in their preview for Sunday's OTL piece but some reports indicate that he didn't actually say anything.

 

McGee is an Uber driver in KC now and apparently ESPN reporters jumped in his Uber and started firing away.

 

andre mcgee uber.JPG

Huh.

 

Somebody at the office yesterday was going on and on about how shocked they were that somebody would hire McGee for a coaching job. I was as well, until I realized they were actually talking about Garrick McGee.

Is it true there is more info supposed to come out about UL, Rick and Richard Pitino during this OTL piece?

  • Author
Is it true there is more info supposed to come out about UL, Rick and Richard Pitino during this OTL piece?

 

Yes, they said there would be "fresh new information" about the entire situation.

From being an Asst. Coach at college to Uber is a pretty hard fall. Eventually that dude is going to talk and it doesn't sound promising for Pitino when he does.

I have a feeling this "fresh new information" is going to be hugely disappointing and that when I actually bother to sit down and watch this, I'm going to be really upset with myself for getting tricked by ESPN's own in-house advertising.

From what I've read the interview consisted of an ESPN reporter telling McGee that this was his big chance, McGee telling the him he did not want to do an interview, the reporter telling him that was a bad idea, and McGee telling the ESPN crew to get out of his car.

 

"SHOCKING!!!!"

 

Sounds like TMZESPN. I'll not wasting my time watching that.

 

I'm sure if anything relevent comes out of the show, I'll get the specifics from you guys. :D

 

Thanks in advance.

  • Author
I have a feeling this "fresh new information" is going to be hugely disappointing and that when I actually bother to sit down and watch this, I'm going to be really upset with myself for getting tricked by ESPN's own in-house advertising.

 

I'm going to watch out of obligation but I have a feeling you're right. I don't expect it to be anything crazy.

  • Author

One thing I do believe is that ESPN is like a shark in the water right now. They have a little taste of blood and won't rest until they get the payoff. They are digging and won't stop until something is uncovered.

I have a feeling this "fresh new information" is going to be hugely disappointing and that when I actually bother to sit down and watch this, I'm going to be really upset with myself for getting tricked by ESPN's own in-house advertising.

 

Yep, the TV version of click bait.

Yep, the TV version of click bait.

 

Yup. Louisville is the #1 market in the country, they know that. Scandal, in the biggest market, means views for ESPN.

Rick must of really screwed over McGee bad. Wouldn't surprise me if Rick delivered a large suitcase full of cash to keep McGee quiet.

I don't like ESPN but Outside the Line is one of the few things they do right. If Bob Ley says they have new info I'll tune in.

Given the lack of information pouring in, I assume there actually was no new big news??

New info will be NCAA has talked with people former players and recruits and they have verified that parties occurred. Not any new info. But is new compared what they first reported on.

 

I will wait on the NCAA to deliver their findings. Rest of this stuff is just about ratings and money for some cheap prostitute...........

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.