Carson Williams and Larry Bird

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Larry Bird play in high school. I saw Rex Chapman play in high school. I have seen Carson Williams play in high school. I don't think Carson Williams is as good as either of the other two.

But, hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I don't mean any disrespect to Carson Williams, who is a really good high school basketball player. Maybe he will turn out better than the others. Only time will tell.

Yes. Rex had one thing on his mind: shooting and dunking. He was great at both. He also cost his team a chance to win a state title because of his inability to play unselfishly. Even at UK, he never led them to anything other than an early exit in the NCAA, and then he bolted before the scandal rocked UK with Sutton.

Not saying you are wrong with that description of Rex but Rex was still better.

Posts like this are why I don't think that there's any question that Carson will win Mr. BBall. I haven't seen this much excitement and hype about a kid in some time. Comparisons to Larry Bird; someone said he's better than Skal and Briscoe in another post. It's great for his Mr. BBall Candidacy, but some isn't realistic. He's a GREAT high school player. Not all great high school players transition into great college players, let alone NBA players. I don't even see that ceiling for him, and I've watched him about 5 times this season. I see a great fundamental high school player with strength and athleticism. He is 6'7" though. Not 6'10". At 6'7" he could be an undersized PF at the D1 level (and could thrive if he works hard), or could be a SF. His ball handling isn't that of a college wing right not (not great handling with or using his left hand yet), or agility. Now he can work on that, and if he does will be scary at the next level. Great kid! Great HS player! Mr. BBall. KY HS hall of famer. Future NBA and Larry Bird comparisons? That's stretching it.

No one knows what his future will bring. As a high school player, he is ever bit as good as Larry Bird. That is what I said. I also said I believe he will be drafted into the NBA after his senior year. Now, will he be as good as Larry Bird in the NBA? Probably not. Will he be as good as some of the supposed HS All-Americans (Harrison twins!!!!) in college? He will be better than those two in my opinion.

I saw Larry Bird play in high school. I saw Rex Chapman play in high school. I have seen Carson Williams play in high school. I don't think Carson Williams is as good as either of the other two.

But, hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I don't mean any disrespect to Carson Williams, who is a really good high school basketball player. Maybe he will turn out better than the others. Only time will tell.

Thank you. It was my opinion, and only time will tell.

Larry Bird got a scholarship to one of the elite programs in the country.

Are you saying CW should have offers from UK/Duke/KU?

Carson should have been recruited by UK and U of L. Duke actually sent him letters, but he did not want to play that far away if they had offered him. Larry Bird also left IU because it was too big and the head coach at IU was a complete jerk.

Carson should have been recruited by UK and U of L. Duke actually sent him letters, but he did not want to play that far away if they had offered him. Larry Bird also left IU because it was too big and the head coach at IU was a complete jerk.

With all due respect he can't play at UK or Duke. Could he play some by his JR and SR year? Maybe depending how many top recruits come in.