Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Everything except" being investigated"

 

In other words you want our tax dollars to work for us in secret. And if they work in secret, and for whatever reason the KHSAA makes a determination no rules were violated, then it will always be a secret.

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And no I didn't take it out of context. I have read all of the post. Mostly I agree with you. The initial reports should be available because everyone has a right to know they are being accused. Initial report and ongoing in the investigation are two different things. Just like law enforcement, if you posted it on the internet that you were investigating someone, dont you think they would do more to try and cover it up?

In other words you want our tax dollars to work for us in secret. And if they work in secret, and for whatever reason the KHSAA makes a determination no rules were violated, then it will always be a secret.

 

Your post #540 is exactly what I'm saying!

  • Author
And no I didn't take it out of context. I have read all of the post. Mostly I agree with you. The initial reports should be available because everyone has a right to know they are being accused. Initial report and ongoing in the investigation are two different things. Just like law enforcement, if you posted it on the internet that you were investigating someone, dont you think they would do more to try and cover it up?

 

You better read them again, I never said anything about information from the ongoing investigation being public while it is ongoing.

 

I added post 540 for clarity because I realize most of you don't have the experience I have and therefore may read into some of my comments.

You better read them again, I never said anything about information from the ongoing investigation being public while it is ongoing.

 

I added post 540 for clarity because I realize most of you don't have the experience I have and therefore may read into some of my comments.

 

Ok I may have misunderstood your first few post. My apologies. I have stated it before that this is the problem with posting things, it gets taken differently than the author means it.

  • Author
Ok I may have misunderstood your first few post. My apologies. I have stated it before that this is the problem with posting things, it gets taken differently than the author means it.

 

It is all good.

 

We both agree that post 540 is correct.

The basics would be Schools A, B, and C allege the following KHSAA violations against School D. That should be public immediately.

 

Then the KHSAA should do their investigation. No (or very little) information should be released by the KHSAA while they are doing the investigation.

 

Upon completion of the investigation the KHSAA should release their detailed findings on each individual allegation and whether it was substantiated or not.

 

Couldn't agree more. The KHSAA, by the nature of the secrecy of its action w/re to investigations, leaves itself open to a lot of speculation on behind-the-scenes dealing and favoritism shown to certain schools.

Can someone explain what the KHSAA is investigating at Holy Cross? Specifics?

Can someone explain what the KHSAA is investigating at Holy Cross? Specifics?

 

Good luck with that Q!! Those in the know have been soft-shoe, toe-tapping around the details for 500+ posts!!

Can someone explain what the KHSAA is investigating at Holy Cross? Specifics?

 

Ask @RCC9. He's giving a clinic in the PMs on this subject and since I'm sure you two know each other, you are already in!

Can someone explain what the KHSAA is investigating at Holy Cross? Specifics?

 

The short answer is no.

Ask @RCC9. He's giving a clinic in the PMs on this subject and since I'm sure you two know each other, you are already in!

 

No more PM's or any info coming from me. :sssh:

If an 8th grade girl from a catholic feeder went to open gyms in like june or july prior to her freshman year and then went to a different school (than the open gym(s) in august, is this a violation?

 

I say no because once you graduate 8th grade, at the end of May let's say, you are no longer an 8th grader, you have been promoted to 9th grade. So any contact after graduation during the summer doesn't matter, at least in the eyes of the KHSAA. You could also argue that Diocese feeder school rules no longer apply then either for same reason - no longer enrolled at feeder school.

 

So any contact during the 8th grade year while at that feeder school from the high school coach is a violation as well? I am referring to private schools.

 

I think that is true, thus the many popular "grade school nights" where there is no direct contact.

I say no because once you graduate 8th grade, at the end of May let's say, you are no longer an 8th grader, you have been promoted to 9th grade. So any contact after graduation during the summer doesn't matter, at least in the eyes of the KHSAA. You could also argue that Diocese feeder school rules no longer apply then either for same reason - no longer enrolled at feeder school.

 

 

 

I think that is true, thus the many popular "grade school nights" where there is no direct contact.

 

Promoted to "what" 9th grade ? Where is student enrolled ?

Can someone explain what the KHSAA is investigating at Holy Cross? Specifics?

 

I have tried to get those who claim to know it all to just say it. If it is true what do they have to lose? I'm not saying they are the ones making the accusations, just saying they know what those accusations are and who it concerns! But whatever I got tired of calling them out with no response.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.