Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

No parent who has a kid that can excel at sports is going to send their kid to Burgin. I'm still waiting for the story about Little Johnny who dominated football as a young kid but ended up at Covington Latin instead of Covington Catholic.

 

Corrected that for you PP. ;)

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whenever a kid transfers to an out of district school people automatically assume recruiting took place. That isn't always the case. I'd argue more often than not recruiting didn't take place.

 

As would I. I hate the recruiting of kids, when it actually happens...but 90+% of kids transferring to a new school is because of legitimate, above board reasons in my opinion. Now, those other 5-10%...KHSAA have at those schools/coaches.

We live in Danville so he goes to Boyle County but I switched him from Burgin when he was in the 7th grade.

 

Now lets me 100% truthful here PP...you moved him in middle school cause you didn't want him facing that powerhouse Fox Creek Christian program for 2 more years. Go Knights!:lol2:

  • Author
Should the KHSAA find no evidence of anything illegal I hope they make it known publicly.

 

I agree. The KHSAA should be mandated to release findings on all investigations.

 

We should know every school that is (or has been) being investigated, what the allegations are, and what the findings are good or bad.

I agree. The KHSAA should be mandated to release findings on all investigations.

 

We should know every school that is (or has been) being investigated, what the allegations are, and what the findings are good or bad.

 

 

Sorry my friend but I could not disagree with you more. First let's be clear here that the KHSAA did NOT release the information that they were investigating anybody so far. This info was given out by other sources. The KHSAA has not and should not publicly state that there is an investigation nor what, if they are indeed doing so, they might be looking into. There is still the CONCEPT of innocent until proven otherwise, at least in my mind. Also, as an experienced LEO you would know that those kind of statements will almost always taint an investigation. If what they are looking into does indeed turn out to be nothing beyond rumor, innuendo, etc. then making any statement beforehand is inflammatory and unfair. And one thing I have learned in my time is that if someone makes a statement often enough, whether true or absolute garbage, it takes on a life of it's own and a certain segment will always believe it to be Gospel. Nope, a right to privacy and innocence unless proven otherwise is and should always be the practice in cases like this. IMHO.

Sorry my friend but I could not disagree with you more. First let's be clear here that the KHSAA did NOT release the information that they were investigating anybody so far. This info was given out by other sources. The KHSAA has not and should not publicly state that there is an investigation nor what, if they are indeed doing so, they might be looking into. There is still the CONCEPT of innocent until proven otherwise, at least in my mind. Also, as an experienced LEO you would know that those kind of statements will almost always taint an investigation. If what they are looking into does indeed turn out to be nothing beyond rumor, innuendo, etc. then making any statement beforehand is inflammatory and unfair. And one thing I have learned in my time is that if someone makes a statement often enough, whether true or absolute garbage, it takes on a life of it's own and a certain segment will always believe it to be Gospel. Nope, a right to privacy and innocence unless proven otherwise is and should always be the practice in cases like this. IMHO.

 

I agree.

 

I made my post because of how public this reported investigation is.

  • Author
Sorry my friend but I could not disagree with you more. First let's be clear here that the KHSAA did NOT release the information that they were investigating anybody so far. This info was given out by other sources. The KHSAA has not and should not publicly state that there is an investigation nor what, if they are indeed doing so, they might be looking into. There is still the CONCEPT of innocent until proven otherwise, at least in my mind. Also, as an experienced LEO you would know that those kind of statements will almost always taint an investigation. If what they are looking into does indeed turn out to be nothing beyond rumor, innuendo, etc. then making any statement beforehand is inflammatory and unfair. And one thing I have learned in my time is that if someone makes a statement often enough, whether true or absolute garbage, it takes on a life of it's own and a certain segment will always believe it to be Gospel. Nope, a right to privacy and innocence unless proven otherwise is and should always be the practice in cases like this. IMHO.

 

We disagree. The KHSAA is funded by our tax dollars, there should be an exact accounting of how those resources are used.

 

And as a former law enforcement officer I know that anytime law enforcement investigates something there is an official report that is at least in part subject to open records.

We disagree. The KHSAA is funded by our tax dollars, there should be an exact accounting of how those resources are used.

 

And as a former law enforcement officer I know that anytime law enforcement investigates something there is an official report that is at least in part subject to open records.

 

 

You are absolutely correct. there is indeed a REPORT made AFTER the investigation ensuring the citizen (and tax payer, sometimes, maybe) their right to a fair and impartial investigation and trial. Why are accusations against schools different in your view?

  • Author
You are absolutely correct. there is indeed a REPORT made AFTER the investigation ensuring the citizen (and tax payer, sometimes, maybe) their right to a fair and impartial investigation and trial. Why are accusations against schools different in your view?

 

I am not understanding you now, I am saying they should be the same, you are saying for schools it should be secretive. Please clarify for me?

That's not at all what I am saying. The word secretive never was mentioned. but an impartial investigation without tainting the investigation by leaking or suggesting guilt or innocence before completion is the right of every citizen and should be extended to the school as well. I never suggested hiding anything. Simply make no statements until you have completed your investigation and then only state facts. Otherwise, it most certainly does look like a witch hunt, as was suggested by someone way back in there somewhere. Look, I'm no great defender of the KHSAA by any stretch, but in this process, so far, I think they are going about it correctly. In the end, make all the statements you want, explain whatever you feel you need to explain, but right now is not the time.

  • Author
That's not at all what I am saying. The word secretive never was mentioned. but an impartial investigation without tainting the investigation by leaking or suggesting guilt or innocence before completion is the right of every citizen and should be extended to the school as well. I never suggested hiding anything. Simply make no statements until you have completed your investigation and then only state facts. Otherwise, it most certainly does look like a witch hunt, as was suggested by someone way back in there somewhere. Look, I'm no great defender of the KHSAA by any stretch, but in this process, so far, I think they are going about it correctly. In the end, make all the statements you want, explain whatever you feel you need to explain, but right now is not the time.

 

Compared to real life (in other words a law enforcement investigation) you are absolutely saying KHSAA investigations should be secret.

 

In law enforcement, reports are normally available within 2 to 3 working days of the report being received. The report (in other words the basics) are public record immediately, I am saying KHSAA investigations should be the same way.

 

Everyone, there are a lot of reasons so much cheating goes on in high school athletics and one of those reasons is the clandestine nature of KHSAA investigations.

If it's a traffic investigation or some run-of-the-mill affair, I'll agree 100% with you. I defy you to tell me that the same holds true for a murder or some other serious level crime. But we're getting into semantics here and I'm not going there. The KHSAA, in my humble opinion, does many things wrong, but I think this process is as it should be. We can disagree, it's okay with me. I'll still love you in the morning . . .

I agree. The KHSAA should be mandated to release findings on all investigations.

 

We should know every school that is (or has been) being investigated, what the allegations are, and what the findings are good or bad.

 

Even if it proves other schools are on nothing more than a witch hunt?

  • Author
If it's a traffic investigation or some run-of-the-mill affair, I'll agree 100% with you. I defy you to tell me that the same holds true for a murder or some other serious level crime. But we're getting into semantics here and I'm not going there. The KHSAA, in my humble opinion, does many things wrong, but I think this process is as it should be. We can disagree, it's okay with me. I'll still love you in the morning . . .

 

It absolutely is true, ALL reports are public record. And no we we are not getting into semantics. You want the KHSAA to continue to be secretive, I want them to be transparent because it is our tax dollars at work.

I'm guessing since this has gone on for over week the KHSAA is NOT yet ready to impose the death penalty.

Maybe later, only time will tell.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.