Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Even if it proves other schools are on nothing more than a witch hunt?

 

Which is why we have a Falsely Reporting an Incident Statute. In other words, a very strong check and balance to keep one party (school in this case) from falsely accusing another party of wrongdoing.

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I'm guessing since this has gone on for over week the KHSAA is NOT yet ready to impose the death penalty.

Maybe later, only time will tell.

 

Exactly! It is all a BIG secret only we are paying for it.

It absolutely is true, ALL reports are public record. And no we we are not getting into semantics. You want the KHSAA to continue to be secretive, I want them to be transparent because it is our tax dollars at work.

 

Nope. Call it as you wish. I just want integrity and fairness along with thoroughness. I realize that's maybe pie-in-the-sky thinking, but that's my opinion.

Then if guilty, throw the hammer down!

  • Author
Nope. Call it as you wish. I just want integrity and fairness along with thoroughness. I realize that's maybe pie-in-the-sky thinking, but that's my opinion.

Then if guilty, throw the hammer down!

 

You don't get integrity and fairness in life when something is a secret.

 

Definitely pie-in-the-sky thinking.

You don't get integrity and fairness in life when something is a secret.

 

Definitely pie-in-the-sky thinking.

 

Dude, I LOVE pie!!! In the sky or otherwise.

As to guru's original question...no, I don't think KHSAA would levy the "death penalty" on a school. Big sanctions, yes...death penalty on a school's sports program, no. And I doubt any court would allow it to happen, because we know if the KHSAA brought that ruling down, off to court it would go.

  • Author
Dude, I LOVE pie!!! In the sky or otherwise.

 

I like Pecan Pie the best.

I like Pecan Pie the best.

 

Nuts. Somehow that figures. lol

  • Author
As to guru's original question...no, I don't think KHSAA would levy the "death penalty" on a school. Big sanctions, yes...death penalty on a school's sports program, no. And I doubt any court would allow it to happen, because we know if the KHSAA brought that ruling down, off to court it would go.

 

Courts really don't like getting involved in the KHSAA's business much like they don't like getting involved in other government business.

 

However, if any school gets a really harsh punishment handed down I think they definitely should explore court action. Reason being, because of the secretive nature of the process I will almost guarantee a real court action will find a lack of due process and who knows how many other facts that were never revealed.

Courts really don't like getting involved in the KHSAA's business much like they don't like getting involved in other government business.

 

However, if any school gets a really harsh punishment handed down I think they definitely should explore court action. Reason being, because of the secretive nature of the process I will almost guarantee a real court action will find a lack of due process and who knows how many other facts that were never revealed.

 

Not only that, but I think it could easily be shown that it could cause irreparable harm to the school which could devastate it financially, and I doubt very seriously that a court would be very pleased with the KHSAA if they found this to be the case.

  • Author
Not only that, but I think it could easily be shown that it could cause irreparable harm to the school which could devastate it financially, and I doubt very seriously that a court would be very pleased with the KHSAA if they found this to be the case.

 

In other words the KHSAA better have their ducks in a row, their i's dotted, and their t's crossed.

It absolutely is true, ALL reports are public record. And no we we are not getting into semantics. You want the KHSAA to continue to be secretive, I want them to be transparent because it is our tax dollars at work.

 

All reports are available when the investigation into the crime is over. When an agency investigates a murder or money laundering or drug trafficking you will not know what all is being done until it is over. Yes the findings should be public by the khsaa as are the findings by the law. But it to be public knowledge as to what's going on while it's happening could have adverse effects on the investigation!

  • Author
All reports are available when the investigation into the crime is over. When an agency investigates a murder or money laundering or drug trafficking you will not know what all is being done until it is over. Yes the findings should be public by the khsaa as are the findings by the law. But it to be public knowledge as to what's going on while it's happening could have adverse effects on the investigation!

 

Did you take the time to read all my posts on this topic or did you take just one of them out of context and post the above?

 

From Post 517:

 

And as a former law enforcement officer I know that anytime law enforcement investigates something there is an official report that is at least in part subject to open records.

 

Post 521:

 

In law enforcement, reports are normally available within 2 to 3 working days of the report being received. The report (in other words the basics) are public record immediately, I am saying KHSAA investigations should be the same way.

I agree. The KHSAA should be mandated to release findings on all investigations.

 

We should know every school that is (or has been) being investigated, what the allegations are, and what the findings are good or bad.

 

Everything except" being investigated"

  • Author

The basics would be Schools A, B, and C allege the following KHSAA violations against School D. That should be public immediately.

 

Then the KHSAA should do their investigation. No (or very little) information should be released by the KHSAA while they are doing the investigation.

 

Upon completion of the investigation the KHSAA should release their detailed findings on each individual allegation and whether it was substantiated or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.