Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

How in the world would I turn someone in? Play by the rules and there is no turning anyone in. But do you really think they'd listen to a guy in BGP??? It's an official complaint from coaches schools and ADs. And there are 12 of them right now. You you make the call on "who turns anyone in". I can see the KHSAA sitting around saying "I got this lead from a guy on BGP!"

 

Oh I know you have a very easy avenue to turn a program in if you wanted too. Just tired of hearing about you wanting to do it so bad.

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said it was on the internet. I said I have personal knowledge. BGP should teach a reading comprehension class apparently.

 

I said I do too! And I used more adjectives than you did when I described the recruiting offers. So there's that to consider.

Oh I know you have a very easy avenue to turn a program in if you wanted too. Just tired of hearing about you wanting to do it so bad.

 

Dude, you don't have to read it. Is my posse over there twisting your arm again?

yes say the open gym was and the high school the ended up is.

 

No problem. In district feeder school. Diocese says you can attend any high school in the system

Catholic schools don't have districts. Look at all the kids who live or have lived in a certain town in Boone County that starts with the letter U and go to a Catholic school in the Park Hills area rather than the Catholic high school in Boone County. There ARE NO Districts.

 

Not true. There are districts, just open enrollment for any parochial high school within the Diocese. They are not obligated to attend the high school that their parish feeds into.

Not true. There are districts, just open enrollment for any parochial high school within the Diocese. They are not obligated to attend the high school that their parish feeds into.

 

Just because the diocese uses the word district in the name of their schools doesn't mean anything. That word is there for show. Until the diocese sets a standard where you have to go to the high school that your elementary/middle school feeds into, which will never happen, that word is a just a word in the name. I know how this works. My kids attend parochial schools.

Just because the diocese uses the word district in the name of their schools doesn't mean anything. That word is there for show. Until the diocese sets a standard where you have to go to the high school that your elementary/middle school feeds into, which will never happen, that word is a just a word in the name. I know how this works. My kids attend parochial schools.

 

So you took all that time to confirm that my answer was correct ? You seem pretty angry about it....we had great experiences with parochial schools and I am glad they have open enrollment.

 

Why the outrage if it works ?

So you took all that time to confirm that my answer was correct ? You seem pretty angry about it....we had great experiences with parochial schools and I am glad they have open enrollment.

 

Why the outrage if it works ?

 

No outrage by me at all. What I'm saying is, why is the KHSAA looking at HC when the rules apparently don't apply because the diocese has open enrollment? This thread should not even exist because any kid can go to any parochial school and pay tuition to go there. And you know as well as I do that every Catholic school has need-based financial aid and EVERY STUDENT and their family can apply. The is no foul for HC. They follow the rules. Sour grapes and baseless accusations are what has caused this issue. That's why I said that EVERY school needs to look no further than their front door.

No outrage by me at all. What I'm saying is, why is the KHSAA looking at HC when the rules apparently don't apply because the diocese has open enrollment? This thread should not even exist because any kid can go to any parochial school and pay tuition to go there. And you know as well as I do that every Catholic school has need-based financial aid and EVERY STUDENT and their family can apply. The is no foul for HC. They follow the rules. Sour grapes and baseless accusations are what has caused this issue. That's why I said that EVERY school needs to look no further than their front door.

 

The issue at HC isn't that they are drawing kids from other "districts". It's how those kids are coming to HC that's the problem.

 

Sour grapes do not bring the KHSAA to town nor do baseless accusations.

The issue at HC isn't that they are drawing kids from other "districts". It's how those kids are coming to HC that's the problem.

 

Sour grapes do not bring the KHSAA to town nor do baseless accusations.

 

Please read my post again. That will explain open enrollment and how they got there.

Please read my post again. That will explain open enrollment and how they got there.

 

The only thing your posts explain to me is that you have no idea what's truly going on at HC.

The only thing your posts explain to me is that you have no idea what's truly going on at HC.

 

The same thing that goes on at CovCath, Notre Dame, NewCath, St. Henry, and Brossart. They don't have to play by the same rules as the public schools. The difference is that the above mentioned schools are getting mad because HC is starting to beat them and they don't like it so they are crying foul. They don't understand that they are hurting themselves too.

The same thing that goes on at CovCath, Notre Dame, NewCath, St. Henry, and Brossart. They don't have to play by the same rules as the public schools. The difference is that the above mentioned schools are getting mad because HC is starting to beat them and they don't like it so they are crying foul. They don't understand that they are hurting themselves too.

 

Open your eyes a little wider...these are not allegations that are being brought specifically by the parochial schools in NKY, in fact, the public school(s) have legitimate issues with the problems as well.

 

It's not about the fact that open enrollment exists, it's the process that is being continually exploited by a couple of individuals, to serve their own purpose(s) and it just so happens that both are tied to HC.

 

I agree with LA, the KHSAA does not get involved in sour grapes...

No outrage by me at all. What I'm saying is, why is the KHSAA looking at HC when the rules apparently don't apply because the diocese has open enrollment? This thread should not even exist because any kid can go to any parochial school and pay tuition to go there. And you know as well as I do that every Catholic school has need-based financial aid and EVERY STUDENT and their family can apply. The is no foul for HC. They follow the rules. Sour grapes and baseless accusations are what has caused this issue. That's why I said that EVERY school needs to look no further than their front door.

 

Hello Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle...

The same thing that goes on at CovCath, Notre Dame, NewCath, St. Henry, and Brossart. They don't have to play by the same rules as the public schools. The difference is that the above mentioned schools are getting mad because HC is starting to beat them and they don't like it so they are crying foul. They don't understand that they are hurting themselves too.

 

I would be surprised if CCH is involved in this in any way. Not sure why they would be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.