Bill Cosby to be charged with sex crime

SportsGuy41017

Yes. The new DA filed the charges less than a week before the deadline , before the new DA even took office officially.

Like I've said multiple times where there is smoke there is fire , so I'm sure Cosby has done something wrong to women in the past. But this specific case seems very shady to me. I want to know what the new evidence is that the new DA claims to have. The old DA didn't think there was any evidence.

Agree on all counts.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Cosby seeking plea deal to avoid sex assault trial, source says | Fox News

Bill Cosby hopes to cop a plea that will allow him to avoid any prison time for his alleged sex crimes, according to a source close to the disgraced comedian.

After a Pennsylvania judge ruled the shocking testimony in a 2005 civil lawsuit in which he admitted to giving women drugs before having sex with them admissible, Cosby plans to ask his attorneys to seek a plea deal to avoid a trial, the source said.

Cosby has been charged with three counts of felony aggravated indecent assault in a 2004 incident involving a former Temple University student. A criminal trial is scheduled to begin in June.

He has been accused of drugging and raping more than 50 women.

“He and his family, including his wife, Camille, are adamant that Bill won’t be able to convince a jury to let him off,” a source close to the Cosbys told The Post.

“Cosby and his family believe he’ll be eligible for a sentence of just probation . . . and remove the threat of him dying in prison,” the source said.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have not kept up with the case, but this is just one victim, correct? This does not mean he would be absolved from all other alleged crimes, correct?

Just one victim, yes. It is my understanding that the statue of limitations has run out on the other alleged crimes.

If it's a hung jury I would think they would definitely re-try it, right? If there was ever a case worthy of spending some extra money on trying to get a conviction it has to be a decades long alleged serial rapist.

I bet they don't. I agree that he is probably guilty as hell, but too many things work in his favor. His age, his image as a great American dad, and the years that have passed, make it too easy for people to let it go.

I bet they don't. I agree that he is probably guilty as hell, but too many things work in his favor. His age, his image as a great American dad, and the years that have passed, make it too easy for people to let it go.

Bill Cosby trial: Mistrial declared as jury deadlocks - CNN.com

"The outcome leaves one of America's most recognized entertainers as well as his accusers without vindication, but prosecutors immediately announced they will retry the case."