Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Sorry, I just chuckled when I saw this, comfortably just seems funny to wed Dunn and stolen bases. Easily maybe, but him and stolen bases just strike me as humorous when referred to as comfortable. I'd bet the sound effects of the play from start to finish would eliminate comfortable as the description. And the receiver of the throw I'm sure was uncomfortable!

 

It better be on the third base side!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't see Junior stealing bases do you? Dunn is just a big guy, period. Is he in tip-top shape, no, but the guy isn't all that slow. That steal on Tuesday in Houston was a straight steal...and he beat the throw comfortably.

 

Because Rocket never even glanced his way and he got a huge jump...

He's killing my fantasy team. I expect him to get hot again. He hit last year, and he hit early in the season. His swing for the first time in his career looks to have holes to me. I can't spot what it is, but it seems inconsistent.

 

Love to see it happen, but not expecting it...

I found this to be kinda interesting on Lances blog....

Titled "Jerry moves everyone but Jr."

 

Anybody else wish Narron would try having the same lineup two games in a row? Does anyone think that maybe the offense would be more consistent if the hitters were able to get more comfortable in the spot??? I don't know, just asking....IMO, I'd think it would be better to have less changes just for the sake of change.

Because Rocket never even glanced his way and he got a huge jump...

...and everyone always worries about Junior over at first? What prevents him (besides not being on base) from doing the same when folks "never even glance his way...?"

Because Rocket never even glanced his way and he got a huge jump...

 

Semantics, IMO. Going in at 90+ mph, coming out at 75+mph in under 2 seconds.(Probably closer to 1.8)

 

I'm a firm believer in smart baserunning can steal you bases but there still needs to be some speed involved. Especially when stealing second.

...and everyone always worries about Junior over at first? What prevents him (besides not being on base) from doing the same when folks "never even glance his way...?"

 

I never said there was a reason for Junior not to do the same, just that this was the reason Dunn got the SB so easily...:D

Love to see it happen, but not expecting it...

 

 

For the last month he's batted 189. You do not expect him to hit over 300 for at least a week straight? I'm not expecting a giant turnaround but he's batting 236. If he can raise that to above 250 then he's going to have to bat 270-275 for the remainder of the year and I fully expect that.

Lidle went 8 Innings for his second straight game for the Phillies this afternoon... :sssh:

You don't see Junior stealing bases do you? Dunn is just a big guy, period. Is he in tip-top shape, no, but the guy isn't all that slow. That steal on Tuesday in Houston was a straight steal...and he beat the throw comfortably.

The part I agree with is he is a big guy.Why is he not in tip-top shape? It is past mid season and he can't get in shape,? Come on give me a break!

He sure looked quick lumbering into 3rd last night.:walk: A throw on the money and he is sitting in the dugout. He is flat out not in shape and it shows in left field.

He sure looked quick lumbering into 3rd last night.:walk: A throw on the money and he is sitting in the dugout. He is flat out not in shape and it shows in left field.

That wasn't speed related, it was horrible judgement on a fly ball and defensive position... ;)

Lidle went 8 Innings for his second straight game for the Phillies this afternoon... :sssh:

I mentioned him in my column for tomorrow as a possibility for a return.

I mentioned him in my column for tomorrow as a possibility for a return.

So now you're stealing my material for your own good??? :irked: :p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.