Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

So now you're stealing my material for your own good??? :irked: :p

Now now, I think we both picked up on him at the same time … :D

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now now, I think we both picked up on him at the same time … :D

You're lucky we talked that night... :D :lol:

Is it the biggest start of the year for EZ???

Is it the biggest start of the year for EZ???

 

I think the management already has it's mind made up as to whether or not they believe the Reds can win with EZ in the rotation and Claussen returning.

 

If EZ blows it tonight, it makes their decision easier.

 

I like the Corey Lidle idea. If the Reds trade for a starter, it will be someone of his talent or so.

From Lancaster...

HOUSTON -- For what it's worth, Ken Griffey Jr. has been downright bubbly lately. He obviously knows he hasn't hit worth a darn for a while, especially since the All-Star break, but he has shown no signs whatsoever that he's worried about it.

 

"The team keeps going the way we’re going, I think that’s the most important thing," he said. "I’m gonna hit. As long as I’m able to go out there and play defense and not let the team down that way, I’m not going to let a little bit of struggling at the plate affect me in everything else. I’m not a DH or anything like that."

 

Jerry Narron was asked today if he had considered dropping Griffey from the third spot in the order, and he replied, "Not really." Griffey pointed out -- probably correctly -- that the pitches he sees certainly wouldn't be any better if he were to drop down.

 

"I’m going to come out of it," he said. "The team is playing well. It’s just a matter of, that’s the confidence that Jerry has in me. I think it’s the same thing as when Dunner was struggling. He didn’t put him seventh, he didn’t put him eighth, he put him right where he normally leaves him and he started to hit."

 

Sooner or later, Griffey believes that'll start happening for him.

 

"It just takes one pitch."

From Lancaster...

HOUSTON -- For what it's worth, Ken Griffey Jr. has been downright bubbly lately. He obviously knows he hasn't hit worth a darn for a while, especially since the All-Star break, but he has shown no signs whatsoever that he's worried about it.

 

"The team keeps going the way we’re going, I think that’s the most important thing," he said. "I’m gonna hit. As long as I’m able to go out there and play defense and not let the team down that way, I’m not going to let a little bit of struggling at the plate affect me in everything else. I’m not a DH or anything like that."

 

Jerry Narron was asked today if he had considered dropping Griffey from the third spot in the order, and he replied, "Not really." Griffey pointed out -- probably correctly -- that the pitches he sees certainly wouldn't be any better if he were to drop down.

 

"I’m going to come out of it," he said. "The team is playing well. It’s just a matter of, that’s the confidence that Jerry has in me. I think it’s the same thing as when Dunner was struggling. He didn’t put him seventh, he didn’t put him eighth, he put him right where he normally leaves him and he started to hit."

 

Sooner or later, Griffey believes that'll start happening for him.

 

"It just takes one pitch."

 

 

I agree with that pretty much, but moving to 4th or 5th could help, just a slight change though.

Boy, Houston sure has been swinging a hot bat lately …

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:D

This might be the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG time. Staring Adam Dunn as "Adam from Milwaukee" on the Banana Phone...

 

http://www.redlegnation.com/adam_in_milwaukee_64.mp3

 

 

 

HAHAHAHAHAHA

 

That's hilarious!!! That reminded me of Chris Farley on SNL when he used to interview people and he's always say "Do you remember....member when you..." After they would answer he'd have nothing to say.

The part I agree with is he is a big guy.Why is he not in tip-top shape? It is past mid season and he can't get in shape,? Come on give me a break!

 

You recall in the last couple of years seeing him look better? I don't think he's any bigger or smaller than he has been for years. He is 6'7", 275, where do you want him to be? This is the first that I have heard a Dunn bash on his fitness.

 

I guess since the average is up you have to move on to something else. :p

You recall in the last couple of years seeing him look better? I don't think he's any bigger or smaller than he has been for years. He is 6'7", 275, where do you want him to be? This is the first that I have heard a Dunn bash on his fitness.

 

I guess since the average is up you have to move on to something else. :p

 

 

He runs like he's 225 not 275. He isn't the quickest, but when he gets moving he's pretty fast. It's his inability to judge balls in left that hurt him, not his conditioning. And when he dives think about the force that is put on his body when he lands. He's obviously very strong too. Knock on wood, he isn't injury prone and most guys that big get hurt on a regular basis.

He runs like he's 225 not 275. He isn't the quickest, but when he gets moving he's pretty fast. It's his inability to judge balls in left that hurt him, not his conditioning. And when he dives think about the force that is put on his body when he lands. He's obviously very strong too. Knock on wood, he isn't injury prone and most guys that big get hurt on a regular basis.

 

:thumb:

As usual IAAF, you have the wisdom of Solomon. The guy isn't slow, he isn't Adonis but he doesn't appear to have let himself go at all, and while not a Gold Glove outfielder, not Jose Canseco out there either.

WELCOME BACK JUNIOR!!! :banana: 3-0 Reds...

POW! That one left the field in a hurry!

Do you have that White Castle freezer in your bedroom yet hssb???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.