July 27, 200620 yr I agree, I'd slide Hatte or Rich in the 3 hole. However, you'd have to deal with the superstar pout factor. Who cares if he pouts and doesn't produce. He's not producing now as it is. What's wrong with Phillips and Dunn hitting 2nd and 3rd?
July 27, 200620 yr Who cares if he pouts and doesn't produce. He's not producing now as it is. What's wrong with Phillips and Dunn hitting 2nd and 3rd? Nothing at all, but it's difficult to track down flyballs when you have to worry about tripping over your bottom lip! If things in the lineup don't change, then it's time to make a call to Sr. who seems to somehow straighten him out when he stinks. I think lately, he would be qualified as stinking!
July 27, 200620 yr Nothing at all, but it's difficult to track down flyballs when you have to worry about tripping over your bottom lip! If things in the lineup don't change, then it's time to make a call to Sr. who seems to somehow straighten him out when he stinks. I think lately, he would be qualified as stinking! and you are carrying 20 pounds too much on your aging body.
July 27, 200620 yr and you are carrying 20 pounds too much on your aging body. :lol: :lol: Who are you kidding,,,,,30!
July 27, 200620 yr I have defended Junior for a while but it is getting harder to do with each passing day.
July 27, 200620 yr Come on now. 8-4 over the last 12. Calm down... I was not talking about the last 12 games, I was just talking about games where they have a big lead, and seem to put it on curise control.
July 27, 200620 yr Marty made the comment that Junior is killing this team right now. Marty doesn't mince words.
July 27, 200620 yr Keep dreaming. Griffey will be hitting #3 and playing centerfield. Nobody has the guts to tell him any different. He seems like a great teammate but why the prima donna attitude at times? Go the other way sometimes. He does have the me, me, me attitude at times but I think it is a little better since the departure of Barry.
July 27, 200620 yr Nothing at all, but it's difficult to track down flyballs when you have to worry about tripping over your bottom lip! If things in the lineup don't change, then it's time to make a call to Sr. who seems to somehow straighten him out when he stinks. I think lately, he would be qualified as stinking! After the call to Sr. maybe Narron can convince Kirsty to have AD call Jenny Craig. You have to admit though, that all fly balls to left make for some exciting baseball, especially if you are a runner on 1st base.
July 27, 200620 yr No Germano at Louisville tonight. Looks like he'll be on the hill Saturday in Beer Town...
July 27, 200620 yr I found this to be kinda interesting on Lances blog.... Titled "Jerry moves everyone but Jr." (2)Freel: 1, 8 (2) Clayton: 2,7 (3) Valentin: 6,7,8 (3) Castro: 6,7,8 (3) Denorfia: 1,2,7 (4) LaRue: 6,7,8,9 (4) Aurilia: 2,3,4,5 (4) Ross: 2,7,8,9 (5) Dunn: 2,3,4,5,6 (6) Encarnacion: 2,4,5,6,7,8 (7) Hatteberg: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (8) Phillips: 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9 ******* (1) Griffey Jr: 3
July 27, 200620 yr maybe Narron can convince Kirsty to have AD call Jenny Craig. You don't see Junior stealing bases do you? Dunn is just a big guy, period. Is he in tip-top shape, no, but the guy isn't all that slow. That steal on Tuesday in Houston was a straight steal...and he beat the throw comfortably.
July 27, 200620 yr You don't see Junior stealing bases do you? Dunn is just a big guy, period. Is he in tip-top shape, no, but the guy isn't all that slow. That steal on Tuesday in Houston was a straight steal...and he beat the throw comfortably. Sorry, I just chuckled when I saw this, comfortably just seems funny to wed Dunn and stolen bases. Easily maybe, but him and stolen bases just strike me as humorous when referred to as comfortable. I'd bet the sound effects of the play from start to finish would eliminate comfortable as the description. And the receiver of the throw I'm sure was uncomfortable!
July 27, 200620 yr Marty made the comment that Junior is killing this team right now. Marty doesn't mince words. He's killing my fantasy team. I expect him to get hot again. He hit last year, and he hit early in the season. His swing for the first time in his career looks to have holes to me. I can't spot what it is, but it seems inconsistent.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.