August 17, 200620 yr 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa The highlight of the game for me other than the obvious offensive displays was when our moose went into second to break up a double play. Can you imagine what was going through the 2B mind? There has to be that split second, kinda like immediately before you're in an auto accident, when you say to yourself " I'm dead!" Actually the quote would be "This is gonna hurt"
August 17, 200620 yr Actually the quote would be "This is gonna hurt" Thankful the Lord saw fit that ours only hurt our pride and nothing else. For that matter, running into Dunn may have done more damage!!
August 17, 200620 yr Does anyone else think Aaron Miles' life passed before his eyes? That could've been ugly...for Miles.
August 17, 200620 yr Thankful the Lord saw fit that ours only hurt our pride and nothing else. For that matter, running into Dunn may have done more damage!! If we had fun into Dunn the insurance copany would have bought me a new truck. I hope the Reds can pull out a W today and leave Mizzou 1 game closer than when they got there. I think that they need to win 29 of the remaining 42. If they don't make the playoffs at least I am looking forward to Reds games in August and that hasn't happened in a long time.
August 17, 200620 yr BP needs to get rid of the "jump straight up" move on the DP. He would have had a chance if he simply took the throw coming across the base and then throwing to first. Sometimes an athlete falls in love with their athletic ability. I prefer the drop down and dare them to come in hard method. When you let that ball go at their head or chest the slide very quickly. Felipe had this problem too.
August 17, 200620 yr Sweet goodnight. To bad Arizona won. I stoped watching the wildcard race....for now, I think the Reds have a good shot at winning the division, and thats all I care about now. :thumb:
August 17, 200620 yr 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa The highlight of the game for me other than the obvious offensive displays was when our moose went into second to break up a double play. Can you imagine what was going through the 2B mind? There has to be that split second, kinda like immediately before you're in an auto accident, when you say to yourself " I'm dead!" I think he would'a been safe if he would have slid "normal", it looked like he tried to do a barrel roll instead of just sliding. Play of the game was Dunn almost dropping that pop up in front of Aurilla, he drops that and three runs score.
August 17, 200620 yr If we had fun into Dunn the insurance copany would have bought me a new truck. I hope the Reds can pull out a W today and leave Mizzou 1 game closer than when they got there. I think that they need to win 29 of the remaining 42. If they don't make the playoffs at least I am looking forward to Reds games in August and that hasn't happened in a long time. You think they need to go 29-13? What leads you to believe someone else will go on that kind of a clip? I really hope they don't need to win 29. They haven't shown anything that makes me think they can do that. I hope they can, but I doubt it.
August 17, 200620 yr From Hal McCoy... St. Louis center fielder Jim Edmonds, who left Tuesday's game early with dizziness and blurred vision, was not in Wednesday's lineup and may miss the rest of the season with what Cardinals officials say is Post-Concussion Syndrome.
August 17, 200620 yr From Hal McCoy... St. Louis center fielder Jim Edmonds, who left Tuesday's game early with dizziness and blurred vision, was not in Wednesday's lineup and may miss the rest of the season with what Cardinals officials say is Post-Concussion Syndrome. That is HUGE. If there is ever going to be a season for the Reds to sneak in a division title without the horses to truly do it, than this is the season.
August 17, 200620 yr If you had to go into the post-season today, would you like the Reds chances with their current pitching situation? I do! I'll take Harang, Cornrow, Milton, Loshe(assuming he pitches as well this afternoon as he did last outing) and whomever (possibly Franklin whom I like) versus St.Louis, NY, SD, and possibly LA. If these are the most likely suspects, I like our chances if we get there! Obviously, there will be a 4 man rotation in the post-season, which makes me like our chances all the more.
August 17, 200620 yr If you had to go into the post-season today, would you like the Reds chances with their current pitching situation? I do! I'll take Harang, Cornrow, Milton, Loshe(assuming he pitches as well this afternoon as he did last outing) and whomever (possibly Franklin whom I like) versus St.Louis, NY, SD, and possibly LA. If these are the most likely suspects, I like our chances if we get there! Obviously, there will be a 4 man rotation in the post-season, which makes me like our chances all the more. If they get there, there chances are as good as anybody's. They have played the Mets tough. They have of course won the season series vs. the Cardinals. The Dodgers had their way with them, though. Plus, with this offense, we have seen what can happen when it gets Reds hot. Milton has been pitching strong and the first 3 should give the Reds a chance to win in each of those ball games.
August 17, 200620 yr You think they need to go 29-13? What leads you to believe someone else will go on that kind of a clip? I really hope they don't need to win 29. They haven't shown anything that makes me think they can do that. I hope they can, but I doubt it. That gives them 91 and I think that number is a lock. Statistically speaking if the Reds can play .550 that would give them 85 wins. If St Louis continued at the .529 pace they would end up with 86 wins. We will have to win more than 86 games to win the division and I feel like a safe number would b 5 greater. Make sense?
August 17, 200620 yr If they get there, there chances are as good as anybody's. They have played the Mets tough. They have of course won the season series vs. the Cardinals. The Dodgers had their way with them, though. Plus, with this offense, we have seen what can happen when it gets Reds hot. Milton has been pitching strong and the first 3 should give the Reds a chance to win in each of those ball games. :thumb: I agree. Milton has helped and hopefully with win #10 in the books for Bronson, he can just go out there and pitch now. I think Harang may be getting a little tired, hopefully he can turn the corner. The Mets and there cushion in the NL East helps the rest of playoff hopefuls because you hope the Mets are letting their guard down. The Dodgers have been hot, hopefully they will peak before October. The Cards are struggling and the news of Edmonds is huge blow. Their pitching has been lack luster - they are vulernable. Hopefully, the Reds can get hot down the stretch and peak heading into the postseason. The west will cancel itself out of the Wildcard race, meaning one team (LA) will win the division with either San Diego or Arizona staying afloat in the wildcard, both teams won't be there. You just hope the Reds can stay on top of the wildcard and get hot down the stretch because someone is going to make a run: Phillies, Astros, Brewers. It's Cincinnati's to lose at this point.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.