Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The San Bernadino killings are a "wonderful opportunity" ???

Featured Replies

There you go again ... nothing to say ... using the "no clue" line. For someone who's around guns as much as you are, one does expect a little more "expertise" to shine through. But, sigh, all we get are cliches and sophomoric put-downs.

 

What good would it do on deaf ears such as yours? You don't want to hear anything that you haven't been brainwashed with. I can't help it that you are clueless when it comes to firearms, that's on you. Maybe if SG gets some of us together to talk about this you can show up and maybe you'll learn something. You can try and spin this however you want but you have had multiple people call you out and show you how foolish you are and how wrong you are. But since you need to feel good about yourself go ahead and continue to try to use me as a scapegoat. I'll just continue to laugh at you.

  • Replies 355
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What good would it do on deaf ears such as yours? You don't want to hear anything that you haven't been brainwashed with. I can't help it that you are clueless when it comes to firearms, that's on you. Maybe if SG get some of us together to talk about this you can show up and maybe youlll learn something. You can try and spend this however you want but you have had multiple people call you out and show you how foolish you are and how wrong you are. But since you need to feel good about yourself go ahead and continue to try to use me as a scapegoat. I'll just continue to laugh at you.

I enjoy spirited online debate, but for the record, I have no intention ever of meeting any of you in person.

I think a lot of the problem is that RTS and JD have tens of thousands of dollars tied up in guns-bombs-bullets, including weapons similar to those used at San Bernardino and Colorado Springs. Which is why they're employing the denigration-by-ignorance schtick. I might be wrong but I don't think I am.

 

As you've been throughout this thread, you are wrong. But hey, at least you're consistent.

I enjoy spirited online debate, but for the record, I have no intention ever of meeting any of you in person.

 

Trust me, it'll be your loss. And I'm not surprised by the hatefulness.

What is to understand. Guns are weapons designed to kill. What does one need with a gun that shoots 75 rounds in less than 5 minutes?

 

Maybe he understands the facts and firearms, and STILL has those questions.

In case I need to defend myself against people like Sayed Farook! In his address to the nation the POTUS said that the terror threat has moved to a new stage, I am ready to fight back if needed. If people choose to not fight back I understand, some people are not cut out to do that, but to deny me that ability is not what our country was built on.

What good would it do on deaf ears such as yours? You don't want to hear anything that you haven't been brainwashed with. I can't help it that you are clueless when it comes to firearms, that's on you. Maybe if SG gets some of us together to talk about this you can show up and maybe you'll learn something. You can try and spin this however you want but you have had multiple people call you out and show you how foolish you are and how wrong you are. But since you need to feel good about yourself go ahead and continue to try to use me as a scapegoat. I'll just continue to laugh at you.

 

All he can do is parrot the party line about gun control. He has neither the inclination or aptitude to educate himself on the subject.

What is to understand. Guns are weapons designed to kill. What does one need with a gun that shoots 75 rounds in less than 5 minutes?

 

Maybe he understands the facts and firearms, and STILL has those questions.

 

They want those gun to defend themselves with, to kill if need be. Thats why I would want one. Correct me guys if I am wrong. Thats their right. If the enemy has firepower they/we have to have the same. And I agree with them, the time is coming that we are going to need them.

Trust me, it'll be your loss. And I'm not surprised by the hatefulness.

No hate. Familiarity simply gets in the way of honest debate. I see it all the time on these threads. This may come as a bit of a shocker to you, but my main source of irritation isn't with the far right. It's with the timid center-left -- people who often agree with me but don't want to comment for fear of insulting the friends they made at the BGP summer get-together.

All he can do is parrot the party line about gun control. He has neither the inclination or aptitude to educate himself on the subject.

Actually, the party line quip is off target. I'm farther to the left on gun control than the Democratic Party or Mrs. Clinton.

One thing that will not happen in the USA is that the Government will not take the guns. I feel if they tried there would be massive civil unrest to the point of violence.

One thing that will not happen in the USA is that the Government will not take the guns. I feel if they tried there would be massive civil unrest to the point of violence.

 

People protecting themselves came longgggg before any government ever existed. If only our friends democrat friends on here could learn that lesson.

Actually, the party line quip is off target. I'm farther to the left on gun control than the Democratic Party or Mrs. Clinton.
I'm guessing this means that the Democratic Party and Hillary would abolish all firearms and you would allow any boy between the ages of 8-12 to own a Red Ryder BB gun. Just kidding man, honestly I think there's still hope for you!

You guys are right. Criminals will find ways to commit violent acts, but what if weapons were a little harder to get a hold of legally. I mean I know this is an extreme example but there was this story this weekend.

 

3 Injured After Knife 'Terror Attack' In London Underground

 

3 injuries in a terrorist attack replace the weapon with a pistol, a hunting rifle, a shotgun, or in the worst case scenario a "semi-automatic weapon other terrorists use to commit mass.murder" (I'm scared to death to call it anything else or I will be piled on for 9 pages :sorry:). I believe the death toll would be much much much higher.

 

Some of the questions that are asked by TTP and others on here are fair. It's also fair to think our government won't stop at (fill in the blank).

 

But it's a whole new world and gun control and terrorism are tied together. The president pointed out that ISIS is now employing a strategy that we have not been able to or willing defend ourselves from in gun violence and mass shootings.

You guys are right. Criminals will find ways to commit violent acts, but what if weapons were a little harder to get a hold of legally. I mean I know this is an extreme example but there was this story this weekend.

 

3 Injured After Knife 'Terror Attack' In London Underground

 

3 injuries in a terrorist attack replace the weapon with a pistol, a hunting rifle, a shotgun, or in the worst case scenario a "semi-automatic weapon other terrorists use to commit mass.murder" (I'm scared to death to call it anything else or I will be piled on for 9 pages :sorry:). I believe the death toll would be much much much higher.

 

Some of the questions that are asked by TTP and others on here are fair. It's also fair to think our government won't stop at (fill in the blank).

 

But it's a whole new world and gun control and terrorism are tied together. The president pointed out that ISIS is now employing a strategy that we have not been able to or willing defend ourselves from in gun violence and mass shootings.

If I ever start piling on you for voicing your opinion it would be wrong, I understand your point and I would say if it's too hard to get a gun legally, they'll get them illegally! And you are correct if a criminal decides to attack it is nearly impossible to stop them until they commit the crime!

If I ever start piling on you for voicing your opinion it would be wrong, I understand your point and I would say if it's too hard to get a gun legally, they'll get them illegally! And you are correct if a criminal decides to attack it is nearly impossible to stop them until they commit the crime!

 

Kind of makes think of when I was a young man in a dry county. I had to count on the guy down the road in the holler. The only problem was he had one brand of Kentucky's "finest". I had my fair share of Saturday morning headaches. When I walked into a store at 21 I saw his product was on the very bottom shelf and was a fourth of the price.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.