Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The San Bernadino killings are a "wonderful opportunity" ???

Featured Replies

Wait a minute. You're starting to sound like you think semi autos should be illegal. Is that what you're getting at?

 

Actually, I don't know whether they should or not. I have no idea what their legitimate purpose may be, so I don't have that info to consider.

  • Replies 355
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fear them because they are obviously the weapon of choice for people who want to inflict the most damage in the least amount of time. They are the weapon of choice of gangs, cartels, terrorists for a reason. And you can say all you want. And poo poo all you want. And be as angry as you want. I don't give a rats patootie. There is a real issue here and there are people burying their heads out of fear that something will impact their 2nd Amendment right.

 

Yeah okay, I see you're falling in the same camp as TTP. Brush up and get back with me. Until then understand it's not the object it's the crazy person behind the object. But by all means blame the gun because your liberal leader tells you to.

I find it ludicrous that you hold the weapon more responsible than you do the criminal that uses it.

 

I find it ludicrous that you hold your right to bear arms in more regard than your fellow citizens rights to live.

Yeah okay, I see you're falling in the same camp as TTP. Brush up and get back with me. Until then understand it's not the object it's the crazy person behind the object. But by all means blame the gun because you are liberal leader tells you to.

 

Annnnddd....back to no substantive reply. Just devolving back to denigrating and labeling.

I find it ludicrous that you hold your right to near arms in more regard than your fellow citizens rights to live.

 

I think you got him wrong, he believes in the right to protect people like you who can't protect themselves.

I think a lot of the problem is that RTS and JD have tens of thousands of dollars tied up in guns-bombs-bullets, including weapons similar to those used at San Bernardino and Colorado Springs. Which is why they're employing the denigration-by-ignorance schtick. I might be wrong but I don't think I am.
You are 100% wrong as far as I am concerned...I have no idea what RTS owns!

I do not own an SemiAuto Sporting Rifle as they would properly be identified, I don't own an AR-15, AK-47 or the ever so rare AK15 as I don't have $10,000 plus needed to purchase one, I own no bombs and just have enough ammo for the next time I go target shooting with a little to spare. I've not tried to denigrate you but there are some of these points that have been explained over and over in threads in which you have participated and yet you continue to repeat the same rhetoric even after being shown that it is inaccurate in some cases or flat out lies in others.

Annnnddd....back to no substantive reply. Just devolving back to denigrating and labeling.

 

Which is how you came out to begin with. You reap what you sow.

I'm off to sleep, unarmed. I'll be back tomorrow to read the rest of the insults.

I find it ludicrous that you hold your right to near arms in more regard than your fellow citizens rights to live.

 

My fellow citizens die because criminals kill them. With guns, knives, bricks, bats, etc. Insert whatever weapon you care to. It's the criminal that is killing citizens.

 

Yeah, your right, I don't care anything about my fellow man. That's why I have served in the U.S. Navy, 25 year career in Fire/EMS and now work for my local Sheriff in law enforcement.

Actually, I don't know whether they should or not. I have no idea what their legitimate purpose may be, so I don't have that info to consider.

So you're arguing about something you don't know anything about all the while pretending you have valid points about something you don't know something about? That's really confusing.

My fellow citizens die because criminals kill them. With guns, knives, bricks, bats, etc. Insert whatever weapon you care to. It's the criminal that is killing citizens.

 

Yeah, your right, I don't care anything about my fellow man. That's why I have served in the U.S. Navy, 25 year career in Fire/EMS and now work for my local Sheriff in law enforcement.

 

That's going to leave a mark. :lol2:

I find it ludicrous that you hold your right to bear arms in more regard than your fellow citizens rights to live.

Really...really? Me or anyone else owning a gun isn't depriving anyone of their life. It is someone wanting to kill that is doing that. RM you are a smart woman and I respect your opinion, but when will we all realize the problem is the people not the object. If banning SemiAuto Sporting Rifles would end every mass shooting in this country I would stand in line tomorrow to help collect them. But we both know that isn't the problem.

 

I've told you before that there are some changes in Gun Laws that I could/would support, but removing any firearm from the local sporting goods store isn't going to save one life. A killer will just adapt and find another way.

You are 100% wrong as far as I am concerned...I have no idea what RTS owns!

I do not own an SemiAuto Sporting Rifle as they would properly be identified, I don't own an AR-15, AK-47 or the ever so rare AK15 as I don't have $10,000 plus needed to purchase one, I own no bombs and just have enough ammo for the next time I go target shooting with a little to spare. I've not tried to denigrate you but there are some of these points that have been explained over and over in threads in which you have participated and yet you continue to repeat the same rhetoric even after being shown that it is inaccurate in some cases or flat out lies in others.

 

Here is a post of yours from 8-29-15 on another BGP thread. In it, you paint quite a different picture, perhaps even contradictory to today's post:

**********

"Yesterday I had three pistols, a shotgun and a big ole evil AR with three loaded magazines sitting beside it and 10 rounds of shotgun ammo (5 slugs and 5 buckshot) sitting on my couch and coffee table for several hours plus my son had a fourth pistol in his pocket...guess what none of them killed anyone or even shot at anyone."

**********

So you're arguing about something you don't know anything about all the while pretending you have valid points about something you don't know something about? That's really confusing.

You tend to employ the "you don't know anything ..." line when you get frustrated and have little to say. It's a cheap fallback position.

 

Well, I have to say...I'm skeptical of the "facts". I've found those opposed to any changes are prone to downplay the issue, and I have yet to see an answer to the question, "What does one need with an AK15 (et al)?" that I consider legitimate.

 

I've found that those who want to change gun laws are far worse about getting facts right.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.