• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NCAA is out to get UK, its confirmed.

Without question.

They sit in their dark lair under some secretive mountain in the middle of the ocean and have discussions with Coach K, Bill Self, and Bo Ryan about how to bring down the Cats. They're part of the Axis of Evil, everyone knows that.

Diallo's situation was relating to his high school and whether the course work he took met the requirements. Kanter's dealt with his status as an amateur due to his affiliation with a professional team and $ received from them.

Now whether or not Kanter's ineligibility was warranted or not (I personally don't think it was), the two situations were not similar.

Wrong. You better go check your facts. Extra benefits per NCAA

I never said anything about Money did I? Benefits are benefits correct? Get your facts straight.

Okay wise guy. Let's break it down. UKMF posted that Diallo's issue had to do with coursework and Kanter's with money. You said "wrong". He was not wrong. I never said you said anything about money but it's important to note that coursework and money are not the same thing. Hence the different penalties. While yes, they are classified as "extra benefits" they are not the same. Therefore, trying to compare the two situations is ignorant.

Okay wise guy. Let's break it down. UKMF posted that Diallo's issue had to do with coursework and Kanter's with money. You said "wrong". He was not wrong. I never said you said anything about money but it's important to note that coursework and money are not the same thing. Hence the different penalties. While yes, they are classified as "extra benefits" they are not the same. Therefore, trying to compare the two situations is ignorant

Hey wise guy they both supposedly got benefits correct? Money or help with school work what is the difference? Kanter got a lifetime ban and Diallo got 5 games. I guess that is a difference?

Because not all benefits are the same! That's what you aren't getting. It's not hard to figure out. Money ≠ coursework.

But please continue to think that it has to do with KU v UK.

Gotcha now answer this for me. Should Kanter have been a lifetime ban?

I'm not sure. I don't know the NCAA guidelines.

I do know he received $33,000 which was above what is considered acceptable.

Which brings up a point, maybe the "benefits" that Diallo received violated the rules but were within an acceptable range.