Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Johnny Football Finished in Cleveland?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 61
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys act like he beat his wife or something.

You guys act like he beat his wife or something.

 

You can't count on a NFL QB with such a strong addiction. Not to mention he isn't even smart (in control) enough to hide it.

I have no problem with it. I would not want him as my QB any way due to him just not being very good. His history and probable addiction does make it an issue. Probably one of the top 5 all-time players in NFL history, Lawrence Taylor, was always partying. It never stopped his effectiveness it appeared.

 

Difference LT could play, JFF can't. Never an issue when they can play.

You can't count on a NFL QB with such a strong addiction. Not to mention he isn't even smart (in control) enough to hide it.

 

All we know is that he was drinking and we don't even know what he was drinking.

All we know is that he was drinking and we don't even know what he was drinking.

 

I realize Cleveland is a joke of a franchise... But it's pretty safe to assume that they wouldn't bench him for drinking water or a diet coke... Right?

When you your coach and owner talk to you about making better choices and staying out of the limelight if you want to stay a qb for the team, it makes a big difference. If he was a star performer like Gronk and hasn't been in rehab or studied like he was supposed to be, it wouldn't be a problem. The problem is he has a history, he isn't very good and he didn't listen to the coach or owner. It's a problem if your coach and owner says they are disappointed in him and then demote him to 3rd string.

I guess someone needs to let Gronk know about that....:idunno:

 

You're comparing Gronk's past to JFF's? Really? You think Gronk is similar (or worse)? In that little of a timeframe?

 

Plus, Gronk is NOT paid near as much (I don't think) and he performs (time and time again).

 

That alone earns him a pass (plus having Kraft, Hoodie and Captain Tom vouch for him).

 

No one in power is really backing giving JFF even more chances to screw up.

You're comparing Gronk's past to JFF's? Really? You think Gronk is similar (or worse)? In that little of a timeframe?

 

Plus, Gronk is NOT paid near as much (I don't think) and he performs (time and time again).

 

That alone earns him a pass (plus having Kraft, Hoodie and Captain Tom vouch for him).

 

No one in power is really backing giving JFF even more chances to screw up.

You don't pay much attention to UKMF do you?

I guess someone needs to let Gronk know about that....:idunno:

 

Gronk has fun, but he's never (to my knowledge) been in trouble, had the league looking into his conduct, or gone to rehab per team orders. Couldn't be two more different players in that regard.

I don't blame them for benching him, wouldn't blame them for letting him go. Hell I wouldn't have drafted him to start with, and that has everything to do with what I believe he can or can't do on the field.

 

That said, I think a lot of JFF's rep is over blown. Does he have a problem, I guess so. At least he himself thought it was enough to check into rehab. You don't do that then turn around and get yourself filmed drinking. It's obvious he isn't serious about being a QB in the NFL though.

You can't count on a NFL QB with such a strong addiction. Not to mention he isn't even smart (in control) enough to hide it.

 

That's my beef. He wasn't even hiding it. We still don't know what he was in rehab for so that makes me think he has a drug addiction but also and alcohol addiction. When I saw the reports yesterday all I could think was that he is being really bold right now and given that we all know he has had a stint in rehab he really needs to be smarter with his public choices. I think his football career is pretty much close to over.

You don't pay much attention to UKMF do you?

 

No, I don't.

 

What do I need to know (or what did I miss)?

I don't blame them for benching him, wouldn't blame them for letting him go. Hell I wouldn't have drafted him to start with, and that has everything to do with what I believe he can or can't do on the field.

 

That said, I think a lot of JFF's rep is over blown. Does he have a problem, I guess so. At least he himself thought it was enough to check into rehab. You don't do that then turn around and get yourself filmed drinking. It's obvious he isn't serious about being a QB in the NFL though.

 

Over blown?

 

How many players have similar instances (in such a small time frame) and were college heroes but got a free pass?

 

He brought this on himself and hasn't learned from his mistakes (jury still out if Winston has matured enough).

 

But even winston is looking at JFF and saying, "Really dude? Come on, man!"

 

JFF makes Winston look like the poster boy for the golden child club.

He is done in Cleveland. He will be a Dallas Cowboy next year. Trade will happen on draft day. Jonny for a 5th rounder that will become a 4th based on incentives.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.