Shelby County at South Warren 4A West Semis Predictions

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• SW by 2+ TD's
    • SW by 1 TD or less.
    • Shelby by 2+ TD's
    • Shelby by 1 TD or less

I think those yards are 424 and looking at several different sets of stats, It is probably 300 more yards than that. But for the sake of argument, we will go with the 424 posted on KHSAA.

Shelby can and will run the football. I do not think they can sustain a drive but I think they can and will pop a few big ones.

My understanding is that the SW D is very aggressive and likes to hit hard, often and even sometimes late. ( information that I obtain from reading way too many blogs)

I am afraid weather is going to play havoc with this game and neither team will be able to show their best. Going to come down to who gets the break when.

And for the record, neither team will have a total of 300 yards.

I quoted the 325 and was only going off what the Radio guys said Friday night. But the KHSAA and Riherds page has it at 424 which is the official stats and it is absent the FS stats. Not sure what the stats were for that game but I would be surprised if it was a negative 99 yards rushing for FS.

Take my word for it, the stats South Warren posts on Riherds are going to be down to the yard. Those are broken down and pored over to an extreme amount. If it says 424 on Riherds prior to the Franklin-Simpson game, that's what it is.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby also has excellent run defense, it's passing defense that they struggle with. They should be fine against rush-heavy SW

South Warren will be able to run the ball just fine. They will end up with a decent amount of rush yards on the way to a 28-7 or so victory.

Coach wil not give his team or players something they don't deserve ! If anything it might be less. About the run defense that Shelby co thinks is a myth .lets take FS approx 3800 YDs on the ground and plays a tougher schedule than SC (cal preps ) also my personal opinion gained less than 50 first game maybe 60 next . Just a thought if it is about assignment football you are in trouble .plus it will take 6to block 4 and our linebackers will dominate as usual and NOBODY FLIES TO THE BALL LIKE SW!

Edited by Spinstopshere
Spelling

It's funny you would bring up the chippy play . SW has been commended weekly by officials for not falling for what other teams are trying to create. A lot of SW opponents often times become frustrated early on with being out matched and try to take the game in another direction. You won't see many teams showing the class that SW kids show on the field. Having said that. If your kids aren't prepared to get hit hard and often. I can see where people would say " he didn't have to hit him that hard" . That's football .PREPARE FOR IT !!!

Hitting hard and often is a compliment. That is the way you play the game and there will be a #44 on the field that will flat out smack you.

I don't think anyone is knocking SW'S D or what they have accomplished.

As someone said, throw the first half of the Franklin co. Game out the window.

Shelby is a great football team.

Hitting hard and often is a compliment. That is the way you play the game and there will be a #44 on the field that will flat out smack you.

I don't think anyone is knocking SW'S D or what they have accomplished.

As someone said, throw the first half of the Franklin co. Game out the window.

Shelby is a great football team.

Tommy, how do you think the rain will effect this game?

The 325 rushing yards you hear are against the starting defense and yes it is a correct number. The 424 or whatever, lets say its 500 yds rushing includes a lot of second halves where the starting defense was out of the game. Anyway you slice it, 500 yds rushing over 13 games is 38 yds a game. Let's say SC doubles that and goes for 80. Still a far cry from the 300 that was stated on an earlier post. This game will come down to who takes care of the ball. SC has some big play ability as does SW and either team is dangerous with a short field. #44 is a beast no doubt. Is he the best SW has seen the last two years? We will find out Friday night. I'm taking SW 28-13. It will be close in the first half.

Not saying SC isn't great . I really believe they will be SW greatest test yet . And I'm sure they have their share of hitters . Just don't like hearing people say these young men at SW are dirty or chippy. Nothing could be further from the truth. I hope both teams play hard and clean. May the best team win .

Tommy, how do you think the rain will effect this game?[/quote

Based on what I heard about the field not having much grass on it, I think it will hurt both teams. Will make it who gets the break at the right time. Way I see it, steady rain all day and night. It will also kill the gate for the game.

Not saying SC isn't great . I really believe they will be SW greatest test yet . And I'm sure they have their share of hitters . Just don't like hearing people say these young men at SW are dirty or chippy. Nothing could be further from the truth. I hope both teams play hard and clean. May the best team win .

If spitting in your opponents faces and hitting late, punching while in the pile, choking players that are in a pile, pinching and more are not dirty tactics then it will be a clean game.

If spitting in your opponents faces and hitting late, punching while in the pile, choking players that are in a pile, pinching and more are not dirty tactics then it will be a clean game.

But I still think SW is a great team and will win the whole thing. All the other stuff is not necessary in my opinion.