Shelby County at South Warren 4A West Semis Predictions

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• SW by 2+ TD's
    • SW by 1 TD or less.
    • Shelby by 2+ TD's
    • Shelby by 1 TD or less

I would really hope their isn't an official on here trying to find information on a game.

Based on what I am hearing about the rain forecast of .25 inch prior to KO and then another .25 during the evening hours on a crappy field with 2 good D's seems to make it into a very low scoring game.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really hope their isn't an official on here trying to find information on a game.

Based on what I am hearing about the rain forecast of .25 inch prior to KO and then another .25 during the evening hours on a crappy field with 2 good D's seems to make it into a very low scoring game.

I would think that is an extremely inappropriate and unprofessional thing for an official to do.

I certainly hope the forecast changes. Shelby County does NOT work well in the rain (Franklin County)

Edited by JacobCarey5530
Spelling

What have you said in that response that addresses South Warrens playing conditions or the Assistant superintendent son working at Warren Central? I'll go ahead and answer my own question, nothing, you have said nothing. Logical red herrings are annoying.

I think you're well aware as to what you were implying. Yes, both things are true - that South Warren has difficulties with their playing surface and that Chase Goff works at Warren Central. But what is also reality is that Warren Central had a much, much greater need and was also not 5 years removed from entirely new facilities. The same reason that Warren East is getting a complete renovation. It's a shame South Warren has had the trouble with their field, and eventually, it is likely they will have turf. I don't think there's anything wrong with them serving the greater need. Do you deny that Central had a greater need?

Two incorrect statements that I have seen on here...

1. The idea that someone is going to run the ball on SW. That's just silly, and I can say with total honesty, I don't think ANYONE can run the ball on SW and score more than 21.

2. The idea that SW can throw the ball. They can't. They know they can't. And when they've tried, it's been ugly. Per the KHSAA, their starting QB (so you can't blame the stats on backups in cleanup time) is averaging less that 100 yards a game passing and has a TD to INT ration of 14:9.

That said, I'll take SW in this one at home 21-3.

If FS's quarterback had made the pitch the 4 times they ran the option Friday night, FS would have had more yards on them. The edge was there each time they ran it, the QB never looked to pitch just dove into the coverage.

Purples coaching staff and AD don't want turf. Atleast it is not on their immediate wish list.

This won't be a popular statement but I think County Schools getting turf will regret it when Purples take the field with them. Purples are faster already than most if not all County schools, get them on turf and their a little faster. Ask Owensboro. It's hard to beat speed at any level, especially high school.

Purples may not turn turf down if it were offered but it's a non factor to them. They do a great job maintaining their field. They've actually been pretty lucky past couple of years. Friday nights with major rain has been same nights Purples has been on the road.

Purples coaching staff and AD don't want turf. Atleast it is not on their immediate wish list.

This won't be a popular statement but I think County Schools getting turf will regret it when Purples take the field with them. Purples are faster already than most if not all County schools, get them on turf and their a little faster. Ask Owensboro. It's hard to beat speed at any level, especially high school.

Purples may not turn turf down if it were offered but it's a non factor to them. They do a great job maintaining their field. They've actually been pretty lucky past couple of years. Friday nights with major rain has been same nights Purples has been on the road.

If that's true (and it probably is), then why wouldn't they want that homefield advantage?

There was a time the turf would have been a real advantage for Central, as they used to have a lot of speed themselves, but that time has passed. No matter. The whole point of the turf for them at this point is upkeep and costs. I don't think they'll regret it in the least. Especially as it pertains to BG, because grass, turf, dirt field - the county doesn't really do well against them anyway.

DF, it's really a good question. Right or wrong and/or true or false I actually was in conversation a few weeks ago about this. "I heard" (never a great statement to make) that a small handful of folks has talked to Coach Wallace about it and he has turned them down. Again, just what I heard.

This team coming up with little Vito would be lights out on turf.

Oh well. Let the Thanksgiving Week games begin!

I believe South Warren can beat any team in 4A by two touchdowns. A team only giving up 325 yards all year and someone comes on here and say Shelby County will put 300 rushing yards on them is unbelievable. Sounds like something Dr. Lecter would say about Trinity. Good luck to Shelby County. They will need it.

I think you're well aware as to what you were implying. Yes, both things are true - that South Warren has difficulties with their playing surface and that Chase Goff works at Warren Central. But what is also reality is that Warren Central had a much, much greater need and was also not 5 years removed from entirely new facilities. The same reason that Warren East is getting a complete renovation. It's a shame South Warren has had the trouble with their field, and eventually, it is likely they will have turf. I don't think there's anything wrong with them serving the greater need. Do you deny that Central had a greater need?

I know exactly what I'm implying and you are now addressing the actual question instead of Jack who wanted to make it about BG. Thank you.

I believe South Warren can beat any team in 4A by two touchdowns. A team only giving up 325 yards all year and someone comes on here and say Shelby County will put 300 rushing yards on them is unbelievable. Sounds like something Dr. Lecter would say about Trinity. Good luck to Shelby County. They will need it.

I think those yards are 424 and looking at several different sets of stats, It is probably 300 more yards than that. But for the sake of argument, we will go with the 424 posted on KHSAA.

Shelby can and will run the football. I do not think they can sustain a drive but I think they can and will pop a few big ones.

My understanding is that the SW D is very aggressive and likes to hit hard, often and even sometimes late. ( information that I obtain from reading way too many blogs)

I am afraid weather is going to play havoc with this game and neither team will be able to show their best. Going to come down to who gets the break when.

And for the record, neither team will have a total of 300 yards.

I think those yards are 424 and looking at several different sets of stats, It is probably 300 more yards than that. But for the sake of argument, we will go with the 424 posted on KHSAA.

Shelby can and will run the football. I do not think they can sustain a drive but I think they can and will pop a few big ones.

My understanding is that the SW D is very aggressive and likes to hit hard, often and even sometimes late. ( information that I obtain from reading way too many blogs)

I am afraid weather is going to play havoc with this game and neither team will be able to show their best. Going to come down to who gets the break when.

And for the record, neither team will have a total of 300 yards.

I quoted the 325 and was only going off what the Radio guys said Friday night. But the KHSAA and Riherds page has it at 424 which is the official stats and it is absent the FS stats. Not sure what the stats were for that game but I would be surprised if it was a negative 99 yards rushing for FS.