Shelby County at South Warren 4A West Semis Predictions

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• SW by 2+ TD's
    • SW by 1 TD or less.
    • Shelby by 2+ TD's
    • Shelby by 1 TD or less

Two incorrect statements that I have seen on here...

1. The idea that someone is going to run the ball on SW. That's just silly, and I can say with total honesty, I don't think ANYONE can run the ball on SW and score more than 21.

2. The idea that SW can throw the ball. They can't. They know they can't. And when they've tried, it's been ugly. Per the KHSAA, their starting QB (so you can't blame the stats on backups in cleanup time) is averaging less that 100 yards a game passing and has a TD to INT ration of 14:9.

That said, I'll take SW in this one at home 21-3.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SW can and will throw the ball against SC . They haven't had to throw the ball . When you have backs like SW has. You just keep it simple and do only what you have to do. It's worked all year. I'll go as far to say SW has two passing TDs in this game. Along with two or three running. I will say . I haven't watched live speed SC but on film defensively they are not fast. Offensively very predictable . Not sure how well SC takes care of the ball, but if they turn it over. SW will go for the throat quick . Good luck to both teams

Tommy, comparing the SW run defense to John Hardins is like comparing apples to steaks. They aren't even on the same planet, maybe not in the same solar system. If you beat SW running the ball I'll get on here and eat crow. If SW doesn't take care of the ball and gives SC short field situations then I can see SC putting some points up but I can promise you they won't be able to put together long sustained drives running the ball on SW.

They also said that you couldn't run it on JH and they did. SC can run the football and play great D. IF SW can not throw the ball, then this will be a war.

Panther said it. But as good as John Hardin's defense had been the last half of the season against some of the best in 4A all year (Spencer and Franklin County) and 5A (Christian County); South Warren they (nor anybody outside of maybe 3-4 other teams in our state) are not.

I personally would be shocked if 16-18 points doesn't win this thing.

Shelby's defense is dang good, but you can't compare it to SW. However, Shelby is very good in their kicking game and flipping the field (John Hardin made stops against Shelby, and when they did....pinned...deep) just enough to, I THINK make this a little more intesting than most might think.

Edited by Harry Doyle

Don't know much about Shelby. If they have talent like the Collins team 2 years ago, then they might have a good chance. If they don't, it may be close for a while but I think SW will pull away in the 2nd half. 6A is the only class I don't think SW could win this year, and they would be an even bet with BG in 5A in my opinion. I'll say SW 28-7.

Don't know much about Shelby. If they have talent like the Collins team 2 years ago, then they might have a good chance. If they don't, it may be close for a while but I think SW will pull away in the 2nd half. 6A is the only class I don't think SW could win this year, and they would be an even bet with BG in 5A in my opinion. I'll say SW 28-7.

South Warren will crush any team in 4A. They will be in 5A soon enough.