Shelby County at South Warren 4A West Semis Predictions

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• SW by 2+ TD's
    • SW by 1 TD or less.
    • Shelby by 2+ TD's
    • Shelby by 1 TD or less

Really wish South Warren or Bowling Green would move up start times. I'd really like to see both of these games... I'm sure many others would as well, it'd be great for both schools attendance wise. I'd be able to watch the Tops, Spartans, and Purples all in one day!

That is a very good idea. I would love to make it a double header. But a lot people have to work on Friday so that makes it tough. Also makes it tough on the traveling team's fans too. Highlands moved their time up to 3 pm ET. That would be really awesome if one of the games here was at 3 and the other one at 7. What a great day that would be.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that has already been settled. Tickets are being sold for the finals is my understanding.

Yes tickets are on sale but the dates are not settled is my understanding. If WKU doesn't win Friday then the games are Dec 4 and Dec 5 with 3 each day as normal. If WKU wins then the games are Th. Night, 2 on Sat and 3 on Sunday; Dec 4, 5 and 6.

Edited by jcarter

South Warren is natural grass. Warren co board just started putting in turf and Warren central was this year, east is next and not sure after that rumors are south and greenwood will follow within next 3 to 5 years.

South needs turf. Even though the school is basically brand new, they did a poor job of installing that football field. I've only been on the field once or twice this year, but both times there's holes on the sideline and the field was really muddy for no reason in certain areas. Don't know if it's always like this or not. Greenwood doesn't need it imo, their grass is very nice.

The big problem with that is WKU vs Marshall is on Friday 11/27 @ 11:00 AM @ WKU. That is the game that will also decide when the State Finals are going to be played.

Let's just move them to Saturday and do it. BGP taking over. They used to do that in Louisville. As blue stated, Owensboro did move the game up with Collins a couple of years ago and it was SRO at the RASH. ? Spelling. It actually made it fun for all except the blackfriday shopping.

Regardless of all that, I will be there and so will the rockets.

South needs turf. Even though the school is basically brand new, they did a poor job of installing that football field. I've only been on the field once or twice this year, but both times there's holes on the sideline and the field was really muddy for no reason in certain areas. Don't know if it's always like this or not. Greenwood doesn't need it imo, their grass is very nice.

I agree with you on the field in being in bad shape. They completely lost the grass last year and had to reseed it and since that happened it has not been near the field it was when it (the school) opened. They tried installing some turf on the sidelines last year to help with drainage and that didn't work so when they pulled it up it has created some area's that are not the best. In the past they had some problems with the sprinkler heads getting sand in them and causing some leaks on the field.

I agree with you on the field in being in bad shape. They completely lost the grass last year and had to reseed it and since that happened it has not been near the field it was when it (the school) opened.

Warren Central got the turf instead. Assistant super has a son working at the school. You know how that goes.

Warren Central got the turf instead. Assistant super has a son working at the school. You know how that goes.

Yeah, since Central had TOP NOTCH facilities. :ohbrother:

Come on now.

When's BG getting a new field? I know the Purps can't live with Central having something newer and nicer.

Anytime turf is brought up at BG it's not really a big deal. The grass at Bowling Green is excellent. I don't really see the need for turf, especially when ohr field has very few brown spots going into state semis. A new stadium, that's a different deal. I feel we need that more than anything at this point. Starting to get pretty old and I hear the press box is getting run down a bit. Scoreboard or stadium, I'd be happy with either!

Yeah, since Central had TOP NOTCH facilities. :ohbrother:

Come on now.

When's BG getting a new field? I know the Purps can't live with Central having something newer and nicer.

What have you said in that response that addresses South Warrens playing conditions or the Assistant superintendent son working at Warren Central? I'll go ahead and answer my own question, nothing, you have said nothing. Logical red herrings are annoying.

From what I understand BG has turned down multiple offers for turf in favor of keeping grass. The other schools are using the new turf field to host soccer and other sports too. Whereas BG just really has football on it. Plus the County schools are raising people's taxes to pay for it. That's made a lot people pretty mad because they are spending MILLIONS on turf and upgrades for sports, but the schools act like they are hurting for education money. Not advocating either way.

Anytime turf is brought up at BG it's not really a big deal. The grass at Bowling Green is excellent. I don't really see the need for turf, especially when ohr field has very few brown spots going into state semis. A new stadium, that's a different deal. I feel we need that more than anything at this point. Starting to get pretty old and I hear the press box is getting run down a bit. Scoreboard or stadium, I'd be happy with either!

If you build a new stadium it will be what is at South Warren. It's what the State will allow. Metal bleachers and a press box suitable for eight. Better to refurbish what you have and get a new scoreboard.

So, it's possible that me and 4 of my friends might be on the field for this one in an 'official' capacity. What does each of these teams do well? What do both struggle at?

Regardless of what has been said south is not afraid to throw the ball. They had a 35 yard TD pass and a 20+ yard td pass Friday against FS. As well as run the ball very well with a lot of different people. They have excellent special team play. They've only given up 77 defensive points this year and only allowed 325 rushing yards.

From what I understand Shelby co runs the ball a lot and has a good defense. Their punter can flip dip the field of play as well. This should be a very good game.