Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Desales at Mayfield 2A semi-final predictions

Who wins? 110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Bottom line is both teams are very good and we all hope for a good game. One that is not decided by officials, but by on the field play. I am just worried this could get a little out of control especially if the winner taunts the loser. Both fan bases need to stay classy or it could get ugly. Some MF fans think they will win by 20-30 points, so we will see.

 

It's about acting like you've been there before, and no one has been in this spot more than Mayfield. If beaten, we'll give credit where credit is due. Mayfield is a class act on that football field, and you can ask any coach who lines up on the other side, he'll tell you the same.

  • Replies 316
  • Views 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you saying DeSales is not acting like they have been there before? I know what I read on this message board and it is very disheartening to read at times.

I love seeing mayfield fans talk about the past. The games you won in 1910 should help you guys win the game Friday get real. 1A is definitely inferior to the teams desales has played last few years in 2a and out of 2a. I mean they played Williamsburg last two years in state championship. The past is over and the present and future is here. Mayfield is a juggernaut no longer. Desales is here and isn't going away anytime soon. This semi final game will be tougher than their 3 straight championship games

 

I must admit, I am impressed. While we were beating Williamsburg, you were beating a team that finished 8-6 in 2013, and 10-5 in 2014. Murray had you guys beat last year, and the zebras took it away. That watered down 2A you have been playing the last two years is gone. As one of the colts fans said, we welcome you to come play "big boy" football this Friday night.

Pretty intimidating post, now I am impressed.

FYI to the metro boys.... When you enter the heart of W. Kentucky especially the new I-69 corridor, there are several 55mph contruction zones. I would use caution when driving through. Many of the zones are heavely guarded by our boys in blue, not counting it's a holiday weekend. It could slow your drive time but it depends on the time of day. Be safe and can't wait to get this rivalry started on the field.

Edited by Cardinals44
Spelling

Thanks Cardinals 44, I like to drive a little fast.

I love seeing mayfield fans talk about the past. The games you won in 1910 should help you guys win the game Friday get real. 1A is definitely inferior to the teams desales has played last few years in 2a and out of 2a. I mean they played Williamsburg last two years in state championship. The past is over and the present and future is here. Mayfield is a juggernaut no longer. Desales is here and isn't going away anytime soon. This semi final game will be tougher than their 3 straight championship games

 

Please remember you wrote this come Friday night.. pls.. then get ur printer.. print this post on a piece of paper .. wad it up

.. salt it butter it .. THEN SHOVE IT IN YOUR MOUTH AND EAT IT..

Aww come on boys there's nothing wrong with a little banter back in forth in this politically correct world.. we can shake hands on Saturday. .lol. this rain is now 100% at game time and is kinda getting to the point of worth talking about.. this year has desales played in the rain on a grass field an if so against who.. this deff is going to even this game up an help take our passing game outta the equation..

  • Author

Played in the rain on grass against north Hardin on a very very cold night. 41-7 was the score and I believe we had 41 at halftime and played the reserves the whole second half. Desales does well in wet/cold conditions.

On that same night against NH you passed for 0 yrds an gave up 180yrds rushing to NH they were 2of12 passing for 8 yrds.. what I was getting at, is if yall passed or had to defend it in the rain an the anwser is no.. there obviously was no point when u were controlling the game from the ground.. we're there any other rain games on grass field.?

  • Author
On that same night against NH you passed for 0 yrds an gave up 180yrds rushing to NH they were 2of12 passing for 8 yrds.. what I was getting at, is if yall passed or had to defend it in the rain an the anwser is no.. there obviously was no point when u were controlling the game from the ground.. we're there any other rain games on grass field.?

fair point. I don't think any other rain games. Maybe a few with a sloppy field.

I agree with toothpick. It is gonna be a wet sloppy mess. I expect several turnovers and momentum shifts and a close final score in the end. I honestly don't expect either team to put up more than 3-4 scores. Two good defenses playing hard in the mud and two rowdy fan bases cheering them on. It's gonna be cold and wet, but should be a lot of fun. Good thing the young men play the game, not those of us on this board or somebody would get shanked. It has gotten nasty on here since I last checked in. Wow.

It's saying a potential of flooding rains on Friday. Yikes

I wouldn't go that far.

 

pull up their roster you'll see twice the athletes that Mayfield has

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.