Opening Weekend

JesusShuttlesworth

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it illegal to shoot an Elk this weekend?

There is a photo on FB of a guy that thinks his dad shot a cool looking deer...it is a small elk with a about 6 points. Is this guy in for some trouble?

12004674_10153366724016225_6973754089952313387_n.jpg?oh=038932ffbcd2bebc803bdb18e4f0762f&oe=56F5F49B

That there's a yearling bull elk. Any idea where the elk was allegedly taken? If it was taken outside of the elk restoration zone it would be much less trouble for the hunter who took it?

That there's a yearling bull elk. Any idea where the elk was allegedly taken? If it was taken outside of the elk restoration zone it would be much less trouble for the hunter who took it?

Looking at the Facebook location it was probably around Burkesville...pretty far from the zone. In all likelihood it was from the Tennessee herd originally.

12 of us went out. 4-8's, a four and a 9 were taken.

I only saw a couple of does and a spike.

Side note. One of my buddies climbed up an old ladder to a climber tree stand. He stepped on the climber stand and it dropped to the ground. It was a hospital trip but he is OK

Side note. One of my buddies climbed up an old ladder to a climber tree stand. He stepped on the climber stand and it dropped to the ground. It was a hospital trip but he is OK

Wow that's a scary deal. Glad he's ok.

Had one fall away from me on a quota hunt in Ft Knox one year...got a new stand and new underwear...