Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA sanctions Lincoln County for violation of Bylaw 23

Featured Replies

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

 

STANFORD — Lincoln County head football coach Travis Leffew will not be on the sidelines tonight as the result of sanctions handed down by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) for Bylaw 23 violations.

 

Bylaw 23 pertains to the limitation of seasons for sports teams, and the violations for which Lincoln County is being sanctioned resulted from attendance at a preseason football camp the weekend of Aug. 7.

 

“The decision to scrimmage at camp was made by myself as head coach. By making that decision, we as a team broke Bylaw 23,” said Leffew. “The KHSAA and Lincoln administration was made aware of the situation a couple weeks after camp, both groups worked together to investigate the situation and come to an outcome.”

 

“As head coach I understand that my decisions were wrong and I completely take accountability for the infractions on the football program,” Leffew said.

 

Lincoln principal Michael Godbey told the Lincoln County School Board it was brought to his attention in early September that the LCHS football team had attended camp with two other schools — Taylor and Bell County — who have been penalized for extra practice scrimmages.

Did they know the rules and break them or was there a misunderstanding of the rules?

This type of stuff has been going on for decades.

 

Maybe all of the attention SOME of these teams have been getting will even the playing field. Heck, there was a player/parent posting on one of these threads awhile back talking about all the scrimmaging they had done & I still haven't heard anything about them.

I am not speaking out against it. I think as long as all safety is followed it could be beneficial. Good way for teams to get better.

I am not speaking out against it. I think as long as all safety is followed it could be beneficial. Good way for teams to get better.

 

Yeah, but it is illegal...always has been. It is an advantage and some programs have been doing it for years...illegally.

I still say you push the season back to starting week 1 for all and do away with week zero. Then you could allow 2 scrimmages in August to better prepare all teams. You could still play 11 weeks and Thanksgiving weekend would be for regional finals.

Is this game tonight a meaningful game?

Yeah, but it is illegal...always has been. It is an advantage and some programs have been doing it for years...illegally.

 

Disagree. I don't think it is as much as an advantage as people make it out to be.

Scrimmaging can be a huge advantage.

Scrimmaging can be a huge advantage.

 

Didn't seem to help out Taylor County, Bell County or Lincoln County a whole lot.

Speed and big time play makers are a huge advantage. Neither of which any of these three teams really have, with the exception of Bell and they are about a 6.5-7 at best on a scale of 10 in that category.

There have been some guys that have won several state titles that have been doing it for a long time and nothing ever happened to them. And yes it is an advantage, if you don't think it is you don't know much about the game. If you have 4 or 5 scrimmages you are at mid season form during the first game. Those that follow the rules are the ones being cheated and unlike some that I am sure have played for these people that cheat NOT EVERYBODY DOES IT!!!! Some coaches have class and are honorable men. And if you think I am talking about your coach then you must know something that maybe the KHSAA would like to know.

There have been some guys that have won several state titles that have been doing it for a long time and nothing ever happened to them. And yes it is an advantage, if you don't think it is you don't know much about the game. If you have 4 or 5 scrimmages you are at mid season form during the first game. Those that follow the rules are the ones being cheated and unlike some that I am sure have played for these people that cheat NOT EVERYBODY DOES IT!!!! Some coaches have class and are honorable men. And if you think I am talking about your coach then you must know something that maybe the KHSAA would like to know.

 

I don't claim to know much about the game. If all of these people have been doing it for years then why don't they win state titles every year? I'm thinking the talent they have at their disposal makes way more of a difference than the amount of illegal scrimmages they have every year. I think of all of the teams that I have heard hold illegal scrimmages this year and I don't think anyone of them will win a state title this year. Some help those scrimmages were, huh?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.