Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let's let everybody in

Featured Replies

When the class change is made (whether 5 or 6) why not just go ahead and take a page from Indiana's book and let everyone make the playoffs?

 

But in addition to that, do away with district scheduling during the regular season and allow open scheduling. You could have 10 weeks (or 9) to play your open games and then start the playoffs by seeding each district (by a draw) and going at it. (We are opening up the playoffs within our own district anyway starting in 2007)

 

This would cut down on travel and allow everyone to prepare by playing who they think will benefit them the most without the burden of playing forced matchups.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indiana actually draws to see who you will play. You can have a great record and play another team with a great record. You also aren't guranteed to play at home. If I'm not mistaken, they draw for that also. You can have a good regular season and have to travel to a team that won 2 games. I like the idea of seeding kind of like the NCAA tournament. Higher seed stays at home.

Shorten the regular season to 9 games and I'm all for it.

  • Author
Indiana actually draws to see who you will play. You can have a great record and play another team with a great record. You also aren't guranteed to play at home. If I'm not mistaken, they draw for that also. You can have a good regular season and have to travel to a team that won 2 games. I like the idea of seeding kind of like the NCAA tournament. Higher seed stays at home.

 

I only mentioned IN because they let everyone in, I wasn't advocating using their system, which I know nothing about. And IMO, there is no practical way to seed like the NCAA tourney and that could be some whopper travel.

 

I'm talking about still having districts boundaries for playoffs, like we do now, but do away with the district games during the regular season because all they will serve is to seed for playoffs. You could draw for playoff seeding and save yourself several games per year that you could schedule who you want.

  • Author
Shorten the regular season to 9 games and I'm all for it.

 

Which wouldn't be a big deal because it would be 9 games of your own choosing instead of 3-4 and a bunch of district games that often times are not beneficial to either team.

What would this accomplish? Most likely you would have even bigger blowouts than we have now in the first round games. I would vote for less teams (and fewer games) in the playoffs. The playoffs should finish at least a week earlier. JMO.

What would this accomplish? Most likely you would have even bigger blowouts than we have now in the first round games. I would vote for less teams (and fewer games) in the playoffs. The playoffs should finish at least a week earlier. JMO.

 

With a 5 or 6 class system, I could support fewer teams in the playoffs and 1 less week of playoffs IF we extend the regular season to 11 games. Otherwise, I could not support it. If they want to eliminate the bye week during the season so that teams get 1 less week of the summer heat, I am okay with that as well.

Of course my concern for the district issue would be the number of teams willing to play Trinity and X. Manual would do it, I doubt Bobby Redman would schedule them, I KNOW Trinity's district wouldn't outside of maybe Oldham and Shelby Counties. This would lead to quite a bit of travel for our boys. Would we end up playing better teams? In our case, most definitely, but it could end up costing more in the long run for us.

  • Author
What would this accomplish? Most likely you would have even bigger blowouts than we have now in the first round games. I would vote for less teams (and fewer games) in the playoffs. The playoffs should finish at least a week earlier. JMO.

 

Well, it would make some coaches happy. And think of all the schools who could say they made the playoffs X number of consecutive years. ;)

Of course my concern for the district issue would be the number of teams willing to play Trinity and X. Manual would do it, I doubt Bobby Redman would schedule them, I KNOW Trinity's district wouldn't outside of maybe Oldham and Shelby Counties. This would lead to quite a bit of travel for our boys. Would we end up playing better teams? In our case, most definitely, but it could end up costing more in the long run for us.

 

Trinity could probably add CovCath and I know the GCL teams are always hungry for games. It may give the Trinity boys a chance to play the Indy schools and maybe atone for the Warren Central (or was it Ben Davis) game a few years back.

2C,

 

For at least 1A and 6A (assuming they are 16 team classes only) I am all for no districts and all teams make the playoffs.

 

Next, I would like to see 2A through 5A cut one week from the playoffs but if not I would be OK with 1A and 6A playing 11 games.

 

The new format can work well if the powers that be want it to work well.

Why not do away with districts and go to a point system much like Ohio has and have 5 classes. This would allow teams such as Highlands and Cov Cath to schedule anybody in the state or even some Ohio teams more often. And the same for St. X and Trinity they could schedule Ohio or Indiana teams.

At least that way you will have teams in the playoffs with better than .500 records.

 

Plus, in the playoffs have neutral sites. There are plenty of field turfs fields now that can host 2 games in one weekend.

Why not do away with districts and go to a point system much like Ohio has and have 5 classes. This would allow teams such as Highlands and Cov Cath to schedule anybody in the state or even some Ohio teams more often. .

 

Not automatically. The Harbin system (I believe) only rewards you for playing hard teams IF you beat them. If you do, then you get points for the teams they beat. If you lose, I'm pretty sure you get zip. There are no SOS points.

Not automatically. The Harbin system (I believe) only rewards you for playing hard teams IF you beat them. If you do, then you get points for the teams they beat. If you lose, I'm pretty sure you get zip. There are no SOS points.

To add to your point: if the team you beat winds up losing games it can hurt you. Look at Colerain last year. they beat the highly ranked Texas team early in the season, only to have their Harbin ratings slip considerably after the Texas team lost some more games. So not only do you have to beat that team, they have to win their other games. I'd stay away from the Harbin scoring system.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.