Open Jobs

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going on there? Admins not supportive? Just a difficult place to coach?

Just sadly a difficult place to coach. It's one of the 6-8 smallest, football playing schools in the state.

Their principal, Brad Phipps, is a football guy. He was a long time assistant coach at a couple schools in his years.

They are actually one of the better paying districts in their 5th Region/I-65 area. Matter of fact, of the 5th region schools, Bardstown IND might be the only one better. Coaching stipend is average (I want to say 6500-7000 is the number).

...but, in terms of numbers; it's just a difficult place to coach.

Edited by Harry Doyle

Any updates on anything at this point in time? What currently open schools have started the interview process? When can they expect to make a hire?

Come on! This thread was an absolute gold mine of stuff last year, I checked it multiple times a day to find new information. Now, I feel like I could get by on once every few days, just to confirm that nothing new has happened.

Owen County Update.

Job is no longer listed because they had to many applicants (over 40) and had to put a stop to applications to get through them all. They will look through the applications and start the process after Basketball is over. Some interesting applicants, I wont mention names but several from IN and OH and some surprising ones from Eastern KY.

Just sadly a difficult place to coach. It's one of the 6-8 smallest, football playing schools in the state.

Their principal, Brad Phipps, is a football guy. He was a long time assistant coach at a couple schools in his years.

They are actually one of the better paying districts in their 5th Region/I-65 area. Matter of fact, of the 5th region schools, Bardstown IND might be the only one better. Coaching stipend is average (I want to say 6500-7000 is the number).

...but, in terms of numbers; it's just a difficult place to coach.

Not sure how true but I also heard that they weren't able to give the 3 previous head coaches Full time teaching positions. Not only with football but the basketball team is working on it's 3rd coach in 3 seasons. The one guy had to drive from Somerset to Horse Cave daily. Also a problem with Caverna is the lack thereof a little league program. Thus, several kids are going to play at Barren, Hart, or Glasgow for little league and Caverna doesn't have a feeder system. Which is the biggest differnce between Caverna and Campbellsville is the little leasgue feeder program Campbellsville has.

Not sure how true but I also heard that they weren't able to give the 3 previous head coaches Full time teaching positions. Not only with football but the basketball team is working on it's 3rd coach in 3 seasons. The one guy had to drive from Somerset to Horse Cave daily. Also a problem with Caverna is the lack thereof a little league program. Thus, several kids are going to play at Barren, Hart, or Glasgow for little league and Caverna doesn't have a feeder system. Which is the biggest differnce between Caverna and Campbellsville is the little leasgue feeder program Campbellsville has.

I had heard the guy from Somerset did indeed drive that every day, which is about 2 hours one way. I'm not sure about the situation with Davidson in 15, but I had heard that Middleton was in the building, not sure what he was doing though. I also seem to think that after he was fired, that he chose to stay at the school and just not coach.

I don't know what it would take to win at Caverna, but I'd really like for someone to be able to find out.