Open Jobs

Never interviewed for a coaching position but I would say if the coach ask them what kind of support they are going to get they will tell him what he wants to hear and that they will do this this and this for him. I am sure that when the coach ask that ? he doesn't get the answer back "well we aren't going to support you or give you any help". Again if you think other wise wake up from your dolphins and flowers dream!

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When has KY been a hotbed for HS football/ hotbed for Coaching. Today the Admin problems are because we don't have former coaches in Admin jobs. "Back in the Day" some of the Administrators who were former coaches (but possibly basketball or baseball) didn't always support football either.

At the end of the day, there are a very few good jobs in this state where you have great Admin support and players that you can win at a high level with. I don't really think this has changed all that much in the last 20/30 years.

Eric Ratliff to Pike County Central is a done deal. Look for the media soon. Shelby Valley is now open.

Been rumored for a week or so now. I didnt understand why he would leave Valley for Pike Central from a coaching standpoint, but have learned that Eric will also become and Asst Principal at Pike Central. Good for him, solid coach IMO. Hopefully Shelby Valley can pick up a coach just like him and continue good things.

OPEN:

1) Adair County

2) Bell County

3) Caverna

4) Greenup County

5) Henderson County

6) Hopkins County Central

7) Marion County

8) Montgomery County

9) Owen County

10) Shelby Valley

FILLED:

1) Ballard - Mike Copley

2) Bullitt East - Mark Sander

3) Casey County - Steve Stonebreaker

4) Edmonson County - Nathan Smith

5) Holy Cross (Louisville) - Bob Bronger

6) Iroquois - Chris Peters

7) Jeffersontown - Russell Rigdon

8) Lawrence County - Alan Short

9) Letcher County Central - Junior Matthews

10) Logan County - Todd Adler

11) Manual - Scott Carmony

12) Marion County - Allen Harmon

13) Monroe County - Billy Joe Murphy

14) Paul Laurence Dunbar - Chris Mullins

15) Phelps - David Jones

16) Pike County Central - Eric Ratliff

17) Sheldon Clark - Chester McCoy

18) Valley - Crad Jaggers

19) Webster County - Zach LaGrange

@Colonels_Wear_Blue I edited Marion County typo from your list my man. You had it in the Open and Filled.

OPEN:

1) Adair County

2) Bell County

3) Caverna

4) Greenup County

5) Henderson County

6) Hopkins County Central

7) Montgomery County

8) Owen County

9) Shelby Valley

FILLED:

1) Ballard - Mike Copley

2) Bullitt East - Mark Sander

3) Casey County - Steve Stonebreaker

4) Edmonson County - Nathan Smith

5) Holy Cross (Louisville) - Bob Bronger

6) Iroquois - Chris Peters

7) Jeffersontown - Russell Rigdon

8) Lawrence County - Alan Short

9) Letcher County Central - Junior Matthews

10) Logan County - Todd Adler

11) Manual - Scott Carmony

12) Marion County - Allen Harmon

13) Monroe County - Billy Joe Murphy

14) Paul Laurence Dunbar - Chris Mullins

15) Phelps - David Jones

16) Pike County Central - Eric Ratliff

17) Sheldon Clark - Chester McCoy

18) Valley - Crad Jaggers

19) Webster County - Zach LaGrange

Why did Jackson leave at Ballard?

(Horse's mouth here)

My only son has one year of middle school left and is saying he wants to try football again. The way I do my off-seasons along with the other entanglements of a HEAD coach and the distance between his school and my school meant I would be unable to work with him at all.

Not getting totally out of coaching, just the way things are set up here in Jeff. Co. makes it nearly impossible to be a JCPS head coach AND spend the kind of time with him I think he needs.

(Horse's mouth here)

My only son has one year of middle school left and is saying he wants to try football again. The way I do my off-seasons along with the other entanglements of a HEAD coach and the distance between his school and my school meant I would be unable to work with him at all.

Not getting totally out of coaching, just the way things are set up here in Jeff. Co. makes it nearly impossible to be a JCPS head coach AND spend the kind of time with him I think he needs.

You're doing the right thing, Coach. No doubt it's a really tough decision that you must have agonized over for a little while, but no doubt it was the right decision to make. I'm sure that will come really clear to you if it hasn't already. :thumb:

Good call family first. I was hoping you wanted to come to henderson but I know it's not as good as the Lou schools.

(Horse's mouth here)