Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

American Crime Story (FX Series about O.J. Simpson)

Featured Replies

Will this eventually be on Netflix? I haven't seen any of it yet.

With Netflix one can watch it straight through commercial free. I like that better.

  • Replies 255
  • Views 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will this eventually be on Netflix? I haven't seen any of it yet.

With Netflix one can watch it straight through commercial free. I like that better.

Unsure. They carry some FX shows, but not sure how many mini-series. For example, Fargo is not on Netflix.

IMO, even without Furman, the best the prosecution could of hoped for was a hung jury and retrial. After watching the Dateline special that was on a few weeks ago and this show, I'm convinced short of having a video of OJ chopping off Nicole's head, there was no way this jury was voting to convicted. Furman gave them an excuse to let him off.

  • Author
Will this eventually be on Netflix? I haven't seen any of it yet.

With Netflix one can watch it straight through commercial free. I like that better.

 

FX is replaying every episode this Saturday starting at 2:00 pm.

I thought Cuba did a good job as OJ. I felt like he portrayed the emotions of OJ at the time very well.

IMO, even without Furman, the best the prosecution could of hoped for was a hung jury and retrial. After watching the Dateline special that was on a few weeks ago and this show, I'm convinced short of having a video of OJ chopping off Nicole's head, there was no way this jury was voting to convicted. Furman gave them an excuse to let him off.

 

Agreed for the most part. Can't believe they only took 4 hours though.

This is one of those events where I say "Imagine if Twitter was around then."

This is one of those events where I say "Imagine if Twitter was around then."

 

As I said earlier, twitter would've needed a spin-off app just for this fiasco.

As I said earlier, twitter would've needed a spin-off app just for this fiasco.

 

Oh, I missed your post.

 

"We need more servers!"

IMO, even without Furman, the best the prosecution could of hoped for was a hung jury and retrial. After watching the Dateline special that was on a few weeks ago and this show, I'm convinced short of having a video of OJ chopping off Nicole's head, there was no way this jury was voting to convicted. Furman gave them an excuse to let him off.

That and also Ito handled the courtroom poorly. He never should have allowed a camera in the courtroom. From my understanding, Marcia Clark was good with it. The defense obviously wanted the live coverage to grandstand. You are not going to tell me the stuff which took place off camera didn't get back to the jurors. They were well aware of the social impact with family visits.

Didn't expect to fly through the season like I did but dang. Made it through all 10 episodes in 24 hours and I actually worked today.

 

I wasn't even 10 yet when the murder happened. I barely knew who OJ was at that time other than seeing him in the Naked Gun Movies that my parents loved. I remember watching the chase on tv. I remember watching a good bit of the trial in my elementary school class room. You could say that was just because the teachers were interested, but those images of the courtroom and peoples demeanor etc and interactions in the media are still with me 20 years later so I'm glad I watched them.

 

Overall I enjoyed getting to relive the trial at an age in which I could fully comprehend societies attitude and feelings on both sides of the murder and the LAPD. Really an interesting thing to watch.

Such a good show. I'm really glad they made it. Being only about 10 at the time that everything played out, I specifically remember this being big but not really understanding any of the finer details. Being able to watch it really helped me to understand.

 

This did not leave me the least bit disappointed.

 

Agreed. Pretty much just posted the same thing when I finished the season.

I thought it was funny that the actor who looked least like the person they were portraying was Cuba Gooding.

 

The guy playing Judge Ito looks JUST LIKE HIM.

 

I thought so as well, but kept telling myself maybe I just don't have enough Asian Friends....

 

FX put together an extremely divers and recognizable cast. Really impressive.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

I think you are right. :lol2:

 

"Is that why cops are mad? Cause, I'd be mad as hell." :lol2: :lol2:

 

Maaaaannnnn, that looks awesome. And realistic. :lol2:

 

I watched it 4 times. :lol2:

 

I missed that part. I caught the end but that was it.

I will also say I never really "felt" like it was OJ when watching Gooding Jr.

 

I did when he ran and when he said he deserved to be punished or something along those lines. It took some time but it was clear his mentality towards the event changed along the way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.