Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama Makes It Difficult For Blacks To Get ID

Featured Replies

Based on what everyone is posting, out actually looks like there's nothing to this to me...

 

 

Bad logic. If everyone was posting that blacks are stupid and here is why would that make it right?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50 years ago the Voting Rights Act was passed to help stop the disenfranchisement of blacks. In honor of the 50 year anniversary Alabama finally figured out to get around it. :lol2:

And before this turns into a dead end 5 page thread on race let me be clear:

 

1. I do think this article left out very important information in an attempt to mislead its readers and push their agenda.

 

2. I do think that this whole issue could have been avoided with better communication.

 

3. I don't know if this was an attempt to disenfranchise black voters in Alabama. Not enough evidence to know for sure and Alabama has done a great job of covering their butts once this information became public. That goes back to #2. Poor communication.

 

4. The black leaders/politicians in Alabama have failed their black constituents by not being open and honest with them. They could have prevented this national issue by simply letting folks know/reminding folks that they can still go to the county register's office to get an ID. Hillary reaching hard for the black vote with her sound bites and Jesse coming to Alabama to protest next week makes my head hurt and my stomach turn.

 

5. It is still Alabama and it is still the Deep South. I lived in Alabama for a little less than a year. It would take at least an income of 7 figures annually for me to ever consider living there again. It is the most backward state I have ever lived in and I don't mean that racially. I mean that EVERYTHING about that state is backwards. I hate Alabama. At the same time if anything about race in Alabama comes up then it should be looked at with a fine tooth comb. It ain't hate, it's heritage.

^I'm with you. I detest that state. Having dealt with a back country court system and being from out of state was shocking. Glad I'm not black, I might still be in jail.

^I'm with you. I detest that state. Having dealt with a back country court system and being from out of state was shocking. Glad I'm not black, I might still be in jail.

 

But, don't you get free dental care in jail? There's always that.:clap:

 

Bad logic. If everyone was posting that blacks are stupid and here is why would that make it right?

 

So you are ok with reading the headline and nothing else?

So you are ok with reading the headline and nothing else?

 

Are you okay with reading post 31 and not post 33?

 

Are you okay with reading post 31 and not post 33?

 

Hold up. In doing some more googling I found that the folks who need an ID will still be able to go somewhere in their county to get it.

 

So, I get that the optics may be troubling but the article did fail to mention that key point.

 

What's the issue if this is the case?

I wonder what percentage of the country's population wish that blacks couldn't vote period? I'm betting its higher than what you might think?

 

When the facts don't support you agenda, throw out an off topic useless comment, right SF?

What's the issue if this is the case?

 

I thought I was pretty clear with my thoughts on all of it in post 33.

To be fair, the state of Alabama has been making it difficult for blacks period since 1819.

^I'm with you. I detest that state (Except for Gunnersville). Having dealt with a back country court system and being from out of state was shocking. Glad I'm not black, I might still be in jail.

I fixed that for you!

Are we really giving Alabama the benefit of the doubt on this one? This is, after all, the same state that, when left up to the people, voted down striking language from their constitution that banned interracial marriage. Less than 10 years ago. They finally came into the 20th century in 2010 on this matter.

Are we really giving Alabama the benefit of the doubt on this one? This is, after all, the same state that, when left up to the people, voted down striking language from their constitution that banned interracial marriage. Less than 10 years ago. They finally came into the 20th century in 2010 on this matter.

 

Better late than never.

I am so tired of this stuff I can't see straight.

 

I heard about this on NPR who interviewed exactly ZERO white people from these counties to see how they felt about it. Voter ID's can be obtained in other ways in these counties, and in fact these registration vehicles are widely advertised and available to ALL citizens regardless of race, creed, or political affiliation.

 

I can see ALL the people in these rural settings being disappointed because they are losing a service that the state can no longer afford. The race card is the only one that gets the media interested.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.