October 8, 201510 yr To be fair, the state of Alabama has been making it difficult for blacks period since 1819. It's amazing to me how people can sit in the lily white states, such as KY at 3 to 5% black population and be critical AND think they can make decisions about states that maintain >25% black population while they have absolutely NO context about how decisions will potentially impact the local populus.
October 8, 201510 yr Are we really giving Alabama the benefit of the doubt on this one? This is, after all, the same state that, when left up to the people, voted down striking language from their constitution that banned interracial marriage. Less than 10 years ago. They finally came into the 20th century in 2010 on this matter. Why not? Crucify them for plenty of things but it appears that this situation will not affect the citizen's ability to obtain the ID. Correct? If it hasn't then why berate them for this? Drill them for the rest of what they do.
October 15, 201510 yr LISTEN: Alabama Repub goes on callous rant against black ex-Marine affected by DMV closures
October 21, 201510 yr LISTEN: Alabama Repub goes on callous rant against black ex-Marine affected by DMV closures I can't open the link at present, so I post this without knowledge of what is in the clip...which is always dangerous of course. But already my antennae are up about the title because I can be quick to point out that Kim Davis is a Democrat....so does she represent all Democrats?
October 22, 201510 yr I can't open the link at present, so I post this without knowledge of what is in the clip...which is always dangerous of course. But already my antennae are up about the title because I can be quick to point out that Kim Davis is a Democrat....so does she represent all Democrats? I believe she recently changed her registration. Something about feeling abandoned by the Democratic Party during her struggle or some other such.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.