Hardwood/laminate flooring...anyone done it lately?

BigVMan23

How does Bamboo flooring do with pets compared to laminate and hardwood? Dogs have basically ruined my carpet so looking to get something new next spring. Thanks for your help!

As long as it's strand bamboo, it'll hold up better. It's very hard to scratch and moisture will not cause it near as much damage as laminate. I'm not saying it's waterproof, but it can withstand the moisture better than laminate. My parents had it with 3 medium to large sized dogs with zero issues.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a floating laminate floor in my basement back in December. A friend of ours lives with us and has a basement apartment of sorts. He is handicapped and in a wheelchair. Love the ease of cleaning and so far has held up to my two large dogs and his chair. I also feel like it looks like I paid more than I did. Granted, hardwood was not an option in the basement.

• 1 year later...

We are in need of some flooring repairs. We should have spent up for the installation and it shows. Our sub-floor isn't level and now we have multiple boards that have separated and it looks terrible. Anyone in NKY have recommendations for repair work?

Has anyone done floors with the waterproof LVT planks? I'm hearing nothing but good things from folks and we had a friend who installed it in his whole house. He has 3 large dogs and he loves it. Looks like real wood and it's not cold where it is a plastic/rubber type of material. Anybody?

Has anyone done floors with the waterproof LVT planks? I'm hearing nothing but good things from folks and we had a friend who installed it in his whole house. He has 3 large dogs and he loves it. Looks like real wood and it's not cold where it is a plastic/rubber type of material. Anybody?

We had this installed in our kitchen: Luxe Luxury Vinyl Planks from Armstrong Flooring, the rigid core planks. Very nice and the wife loves it so far.

• 7 months later...
We are in need of some flooring repairs. We should have spent up for the installation and it shows. Our sub-floor isn't level and now we have multiple boards that have separated and it looks terrible. Anyone in NKY have recommendations for repair work?

Did you ever get this resolved? I've been doing tons of research lately on flooring, and I've been finding a lot of people complaining of bamboo separating as you mentioned. It sounds like you have to maintain a certain humidity in the house in order for this not to happen.