Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 8 Simon Kenton 6 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Actually Dixie played Conner last night and fielded a Froshmore team of around 25 players. Mainly played as many freshmen available. This is still a development phase of these players allowing them to compete against similar competition. Conner won 36-6 with a running clock in 3rd Qtr. Conner has all freshmen with a few 8th graders

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this era of declining football participation, I would imagine there will be more "froshmore" games in years to come. I'm all for it. Whatever it takes for kids to keep up their competitive juices. Nothing worse than putting in the practice time (summers especially) & not being rewarded with a full schedule.

 

While wins & losses are always a short-term concern, the big picture (4 yr. HS careers and Varsity programs) must be facilitated.

Most of NKY plays true freshmen, with the exception of 1 or 2. To call it true frosh would be wildly inaccurate.

Holy Cross, Newport, Holmes, Lloyd, Scott and New Cath all have sophomores on their roster, they play the "Small School" freshmen schedule. Beechwood also plays the small school schedule, but fields only freshmen and 8th graders.

Holy Cross, Newport, Holmes, Lloyd, Scott and New Cath all have sophomores on their roster, they play the "Small School" freshmen schedule. Beechwood also plays the small school schedule, but fields only freshmen and 8th graders.

 

I see. Maybe it should be reworded as most 5 and 6A schools play a true freshmen schedule.

The difference in this game was coaching. When you have over 30+ players as is the case with SK. If you chose to play a Froshmore schedule then you know in advance that teams that don't have the numbers to field a true freshman team will have Sophomores. Its very obvious that SK has larger number than many schools that they may face which is not a bad thing. Its just one of those things, but Scott played maybe 13 out of the 20 of their players both ways. While SK played a whole lot more. Bad decisions on mostly bad play selections was the difference in this game. The final score was only 8-6 so I did not see that big of a difference between either team at any point of the game. So I personally don't see why people can't handle a loss. I would love to see the ages of the players from both teams to see how many kids may have been held back at some point because of lack of maturity, birthday's or other issues and Scott probably would not be the only team that has sophomore age players.

 

Scott doesn't have any holdbacks.

I see. Maybe it should be reworded as most 5 and 6A schools play a true freshmen schedule.

Its a delicate balance, I'm not opposed to teams fielding "Froshmore" teams, but you wonder what type of coaching they are getting during the regular season. If the numbers are low it usually means that the numbers on the varsity are low, thus those kids will typically running scout team as this weeks opponent, thus not getting much Individual time to improve your technique etc....

I hate to see numbers down at so many schools

Scott doesn't have any holdbacks.

 

I agree . If anything they have very Young kids playing at the varsity level.I know Gage Tucker is only 15 as a junior and should only be a Sophmore. Because of late Birthday . The kids used on this Froshmore team are all of age and true Freshman and sophmores .

Just let the kids play.

To me, and just my opinion, Freshman ball is all about getting ready for Varsity/JV and why there isn't a tournament at the end of the season.

There obviously would have to be some integrity involved with Froshmore teams but it is about kids developing into high school players.

 

Being that "Froshmore" teams are known about and common for smaller schools, it shouldn't have been brought up because SK lost to Scott.

 

Congrats to the Eagles on the win.

Like with Dixie I am surprised Scott cannot get enough kids to put a freshman team together.

Like with Dixie I am surprised Scott cannot get enough kids to put a freshman team together.

 

Why?

 

MS team of around 45 kids 6-8th grade, do the math. Thats an average of 15 per class.

Why?

 

MS team of around 45 kids 6-8th grade, do the math. Thats an average of 15 per class.

 

I'm not using the middle school teams. I'm using other schools of similar (or smaller) size that field a freshman team.

Like with Dixie I am surprised Scott cannot get enough kids to put a freshman team together.

 

Soccer has ruined football. Just ask: @TAC

Why?

 

MS team of around 45 kids 6-8th grade, do the math. Thats an average of 15 per class.

 

Because it was a 5A school up till this year and the enrollment would seem to justify it?

I'm not using the middle school teams. I'm using other schools of similar (or smaller) size that field a freshman team.

 

Because it was a 5A school up till this year and the enrollment would seem to justify it?

 

If you only have so many kids in your feeder system, how can you just "expect" a team to have the #'s when they dont, just based on their total enrollment.

 

Thats like saying just because SK is a 6A school they should have 3-4 D1 kids on the roster every year.

Thats like saying just because SK is a 6A school they should have 3-4 D1 kids on the roster every year.

 

Wait for it....wait for it.......

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.