Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 8 Simon Kenton 6 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Final

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it was Scotts Freshman and Sophomores against SK's Freshman?

  • Author

Scott has four Sophomores and sixteen Freshman.

Why are Sophs playing Frosh football?

THe Sophomores were pretty good, especially the running back. He made some good runs and blocked well.

It's Froshmore not freshman

It's Froshmore not freshman

 

Most of NKY plays true freshmen, with the exception of 1 or 2. To call it true frosh would be wildly inaccurate.

THe Sophomores were pretty good, especially the running back. He made some good runs and blocked well.

 

I hope so against Freshman.

  • Author

The difference in this game was coaching. When you have over 30+ players as is the case with SK. If you chose to play a Froshmore schedule then you know in advance that teams that don't have the numbers to field a true freshman team will have Sophomores. Its very obvious that SK has larger number than many schools that they may face which is not a bad thing. Its just one of those things, but Scott played maybe 13 out of the 20 of their players both ways. While SK played a whole lot more. Bad decisions on mostly bad play selections was the difference in this game. The final score was only 8-6 so I did not see that big of a difference between either team at any point of the game. So I personally don't see why people can't handle a loss. I would love to see the ages of the players from both teams to see how many kids may have been held back at some point because of lack of maturity, birthday's or other issues and Scott probably would not be the only team that has sophomore age players.

The difference in this game was coaching. When you have over 30+ players as is the case with SK. If you chose to play a Froshmore schedule then you know in advance that teams that don't have the numbers to field a true freshman team will have Sophomores. Its very obvious that SK has larger number than many schools that they may face which is not a bad thing. Its just one of those things, but Scott played maybe 13 out of the 20 of their players both ways. While SK played a whole lot more. Bad decisions on mostly bad play selections was the difference in this game. The final score was only 8-6 so I did not see that big of a difference between either team at any point of the game. So I personally don't see why people can't handle a loss. I would love to see the ages of the players from both teams to see how many kids may have been held back at some point because of lack of maturity, birthday's or other issues and Scott probably would not be the only team that has sophomore age players.

 

 

Not complaining here. I just know if SK played 4 Sophomores in this game they would have won. SKs main goal is to get the kids reps for when they move to JV and Varsity. SK is all about delevoping kids.

THe Sophomores were pretty good, especially the running back. He made some good runs and blocked well.

 

Wasn't there, but if it's the running I think it is, he's a Freshman.

Nice win for the young Eagles!

Not complaining here. I just know if SK played 4 Sophomores in this game they would have won. SKs main goal is to get the kids reps for when they move to JV and Varsity. SK is all about delevoping kids.

 

I think that is every teams philosophy, or at least it should be. But if you don't have enough kids to field a freshman team and have a few subs, I don't really see a problem with bringing down some of your lower sophomores that rarely every play in JV. Are they really going to make that much of a difference? Probably not.

I think that is every teams philosophy, or at least it should be. But if you don't have enough kids to field a freshman team and have a few subs, I don't really see a problem with bringing down some of your lower sophomores that rarely every play in JV. Are they really going to make that much of a difference? Probably not.

Agreed

Agree too. I think this is a better alternative than Dixie this year not having a Freshman team so if those kids want to play they would have to play JV. Not all Freshman bodies are capable of playing up and practicing against Juniors and Seniors so it would turn those kids away from the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.