Ryle/Highlands Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do you think wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins?

I get what you're saying, but just to clarify, Urlage was moved to offense because of a shoulder injury that could better be protected (and more importantly finish his career on the field) on the offensive side of the ball.

Is there not a kid in the exact same situation this year? I am sure a few carries along the way would keep defenses honest and give you someone that could carry the ball with authority between the tackles and could be a valuable blocker in the backfield whether it be pass or run.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there not a kid in the exact same situation this year? I am sure a few carries along the way would keep defenses honest and give you someone that could carry the ball with authority between the tackles and could be a valuable blocker in the backfield whether it be pass or run.

This post sounds familiar

I know we keep saying those two teams are "catholic" schools and that makes a difference. But together, they are 1-5 and LC was a yard away from getting a running clock put on them by Johnson Central (a 4A public school). They are both typically formidable opponents and I have great respect for both, but they seem to be struggling early.

So if Ryle Beats Highlands will you still say they are not worthy since they will have faced combined 2-8 teams(including Highlands who did get running clocked)?

M

I don't doubt what you're saying, being away from the Fort, I don't get to see as many games live as you do and therefore don't know who you're talking about. Unfortunately, me watching games usually consists of using my surrogate nephew's hudl account. luckily, HHS fans don't speak names and injuries!

So if Ryle Beats Highlands will you still say they are not worthy since they will have faced combined 2-8 teams(including Highlands who did get running clocked)?

like, like,

like, like I needed to be able to press the button more... But Highlands at 1-2 is not struggling? Those are definitely some Blue colored glasses. Wow. We'll take a struggling win over you too, Then rc you can tell us how bad we are.

:puke:

Really not to hard to figure it out Coach. I have said it over and over and over again, there are 3 kids on the defense that could help this team in spots on the other side of the ball, Beal, Dougherty and Robinson. Certainly not every down of the game, but situationally they could/would help.

Well if it's that obvious... Then it should be obvious to you that all three of those, who are mighty fine players, I might add, have enough on their plate with fixing a D that everyone (besides you) agrees has major issues.

Instead of getting on this site complaining that your son isn't playing offense, call a meeting with Coach Weinrich and tell him how you feel! It's easy to get on this site and complain.

Thank you!! Most would be happy that their son is playing D. If he isn't playing O, then he must not be good enough. Tough words, but true. Coach W is going to put the e best players in the best positions, if someone isn't in the position their daddy wants them in, then there is a reason for it.

Only problem this season is Ryle will have to play a Lou. school or two in the earlier rounds of the playoffs.

If it's not T or Male and Ryle is as good as most are alluding to, then I wouldn't worry just because a team is from Louisville. They should be able to compete and beat the rest if they are a good team.

It depends on how both teams look. If Ryle wins 13-7 and they both look like crap...then no. If Ryle win 37-35 or even loses by that score and plays great and is impressive, I would give them all the praise they want. I said I'll be the first one on here tomorrow if Ryle is impressive as some are making them out to be. I have no problem with that. Maybe I just like to see the team before I judge. There's been too many NKy 6a pretenders over the years for me to trust others opinions.

like, like,

like, like I needed to be able to press the button more... But Highlands at 1-2 is not struggling? Those are definitely some Blue colored glasses. Wow. We'll take a struggling win over you too, Then rc you can tell us how bad we are.

:puke:

Man, I keep going back and trying to find where I said Ryle was bad. I can't find it! Can you help?? Are you saying that it's not fair of me to take "the jury is still out" approach with Ryle's success so far??

They may be avg and the maybe very good. But I'm from Missouri...so...

I told you that if they are good, I will scream it from the mountain top. But compared to other 6a schools that are considered good, I think there is still some caution before I buy in.

And let me turn this around on you. You mention HHS' record. What if, just if Ryle happens to lose??? Close games with divisions 2 and 3 lower than them and a loss to a "lousy" Highlands team. Now what??

Again, this is gonna be a great game. Ryle is 3-0, Highlands is 1-2. If Ryle loses, they are 3-1, and Highlands is still .500. Conversely, if Ryle wins, they are 4-0 and Highlands is 1-3. If Highlands doesn't win another game this season, there will be a lot of people saying they are still still a dominating team. I guess they deserve that because of their history. But people should really start giving Ryle credit for turning the past two seasons around this quickly. I won't pick apart the rest of Highlands schedule, but there are 3 games on Ryle's remaining schedule that could go either way (Highlands, Cooper, SK). That would put them at a 7-3 season. Much improved over the past two. I read a post in an earlier thread. This year, Ryle's wants to be the best team in Boone Cty. I couldn't agree more.