Ryle/Highlands Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do you think wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins?

Well I'll ask you...how did Lex Cath and Cov Cath stay close? Many are talking like this Ryle team is loaded' date=' but I don't see the results so far telling me that this team is as loaded as some are thinking and that they are this much better than HHS. Maybe I'm wrong and that's not a "homer" prediction. I'm just saying that a loaded 6A team is not beating those two teams by only 1 TD. That's what I'm getting at, how do we really know this Ryle team is really good? I really think now that HHS has a couple weeks under their belt and have played some good teams and made changes, they will surprise some of the doubters. Maybe I'm wrong. Remember, HHS graduates 30-35 kids every year! That takes time to figure things out every year. Sometimes the talent carries them in the first couple games. This year, it will have to be done with adjustments and those are happening every week. Ryle is not SC. Not even close. I may be completely wrong and Ryle blows them out...and if they do, I'll become a Ryle fan for 6A. I just want to see them first before I tag them with being really good. The past games haven't really showed me that. Of course, I haven't seen those games. So I'll wait til tomorrow. If they are as good as people are saying, then I'll be the first one on here tomorrow night to say it!!![/quote']

Very good question, I think LC is good. Covcath, I'm not as sure about and Ryle probably should have beat them by more. It was the first game but still it was close.

Clearly, you can score points on Ryle, but it's also very clear that you can score points on Highlands. The 3 TD loss to Cooper for Highlands, is more troubling than the close game for Ryle agains Covcath in my opinion.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good question, I think LC is good. Covcath, I'm not as sure about and Ryle probably should have beat them by more. It was the first game but still it was close.

Clearly, you can score points on Ryle, but it's also very clear that you can score points on Highlands. The 3 TD loss to Cooper for Highlands, is more troubling than the close game for Ryle agains Covcath in my opinion.

I'll let Joat chime in on the rundown, but it was a 10 point game with 3-4 minutes left in the game. At the end of the 1st half, HHS decided to go for it on the 2 rather than taking the field goal...and came up short. They also were really starting to move the ball in the second half and at one point was running the ball down field pretty easily and elected to throw the ball...which got picked off. IF they had taken the points, that drive in the 4th qtr would have been to tie the game. Not taking the points and making a bad decsion to throw it and a "not so good" read by the QB on that play, cost them a shot of making that game VERY interesting at the end. Instead, the score looks like a laugher...I agree. HHS also held Cooper scoreless in the second half until the desperation set in and went for it deep in their own territory on a 4th and 29!

I know there are a lot of "ifs" in there. But I'm just telling you that wasn't really a typical 3TD loss to Cooper. Cooper played great and HHS not so much. But HHS has also changed just about everything they did in that game.

Just pay the $5 bucks and go, geez.

Oh, OK. :thumb::lol2:

Where in that question did you get the impression that I wasn't going?

Maybe I have other plans and can't make it. Maybe someone who's out of state that wants to watch/listen would like to know the answer.

Oh, OK. :thumb::lol2:

Where in that question did you get the impression that I wasn't going?

Maybe I have other plans and can't make it. Maybe someone who's out of state that wants to watch/listen would like to know the answer.

That's only 20 quarters, or 50 dimes, or even 100 nickels.