uk#1fan

Who do you think wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time I would agree, but their opponents are 1-8 collectively and their last opponent almost had a running clock put on them and Ryle only beat them by one TD. I'm by no means saying they aren't good, I am just curious if the Ryle fans really think things are coming together or still speculating? I haven't seen them play and they may blow out the Birds, but I'd still ask if they are really going to be good or not. NKY is WAY down. When they say they are coming together and are a "good" team, is that relative to other NKY teams or meaning they have a run in them? I really don't have a clue and that's why I'm asking. Not a shot at all.

They are a good team. Noone is speculating here at Ryle. This senior class has always been really good. Now they are all on the same level reunited on varsity with an oustanding group of juniors and so far a great group of sophomores. This team will be good for two to three years to come. This year being their best group as far as total team talent wise. I know there is a really, really good group of 8th graders in the pipeline also.

"Good" as in NKY good or make a run good? That's what I'm asking. They have not really been overly impressive yet. So NKY good, maybe proven. Statewide good, not sure yet. And I don't mean Trinity good.

We think make a run good. But it's early. We have a good schedule to be tested with and get better. Have HHS this friday. Still have SK looming towards the end of the schedule. And not to overlook a really strong Cooper team on the schedule also. These next three big games will determine if we make a run or not. Opinions won't matter we got the litmus test on the field going on.

We think make a run good. But it's early. We have a good schedule to be tested with and get better. Have HHS this friday. Still have SK looming towards the end of the schedule. And not to overlook a really strong Cooper team on the schedule also. These next three big games will determine if we make a run or not. Opinions won't matter we got the litmus test on the field going on.

I hope you're right! I like seeing the local teams do well. Dixie was a fun ride last year! I do ask for discussion purpose though, why were the games so close with CC and LC? (I haven't seen any of the teams mentioned so far) To make a run in 6A, those games like that aren't typically close with other good 6A teams. Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm just trying to understand why you feel they have a solid chance at a run. What makes you think they have what it takes to make it into the 3rd round of the 6A playoffs.

Cov Cath I chalk it up to first game and they were fired up. They gave us every thing they had. They are better than people think and when they play some district games people will see. There is quite a bit of difference between public and private. They still get 80 strong on their roster. Our defense was not at our best. O line could have been better, we had trouble running the ball. The Air offense kept pace. Lex Cath, we took over the second half and ran the ball great. Oline showed improvement. LC is great getting over the top and getting downfield. Our D played much better but Lex Cath is going to move the ball and score on you no matter what division you are in. Two tough Catholics schools on the road and two wins. Boone is down but we pulled most of the 1st team in the second and they didn't play the second half at all. That game was an insight into how we can put teams away that we should. We were picked to lose both of the fist two games so coming away winning even close than we wanted was a good achievement. Teams get better or worse as the season goes on. With our depth I don't see us getting worse by no means. We will trend up each week as this team gels. We keep hearing that we struggled the first two games. How do you struggle if you win two games on the road that you were picked by the experts to lose? Those are positives not negatives. I know this is kinda general but we do have a big game coming up.... wink, wink. Can't give the whole concept away.

Edited by Fear the Nation