uk#1fan

Who do you think wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think tonight begins a process. A process of seeing what impact having players ready if needed to play both sides of the ball. I don't think all the changes that could be made will be seen tonight. I don't think all the changes tried this evening will stick.

The first three games were very important to expose weakness. Those games have necessitated change. Plenty of time in the season to make the adjustments. We shall see.

The next three weeks are equally as important. These games against quality opponents will further define positions, PT, and rotations. By game seven the record may not be pretty, but things will have shaken themselves out. This is when the push toward the playoffs begins.

Although I appreciate the few on here that actually have some sense and knowledge about the game, there aren't many, I despise people that use this site as an opportunity to "grind personal axes", "make up things that aren't true" and really make a complete fool of themselves.

To blatantly go on here and make up stories about high school players insinuating that they got in "trouble" and were suspended, when in reality the kid was at the orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday getting a cortisone shot, hoping/praying that he would get a chance to play in one of the biggest games of the season, is "SO SAD".

Not sure who you are and really don't care, but if I were a "moderator" or "The GURU" himself, I would suspend you ability to share your opinions for the rest of the season.

I am sure you have now set off an unnecessary rumor that could, and probably will, create doubt about a pretty good young man's integrity across NKY.

I think the best rule of thumb for everyone on here is to use the "Ashley Madison" test and ask yourself, "If BGP were to get hacked and my identity was revealed to the world, would I be willing to stand up and be proud of the things I post?"

I don't post often, but when these things happen people like "JOAT", "THEOLEBALLCOACH" and myself have to step up and say "enough is enough".

Good luck to all the rest of the year and I hope people think before hitting submit!

I understand the frustration with the post, and I can't speak for the poster because I have no clue who it is, but the word about the Highlands QB is that he was in some trouble last winter and that is making it's way around the NKY area so I would assume that is why he mentioned that. Again, I do not know if there is any merit to the story, but what has been told is that he got into a very similar legal bind as the young man from NCC. Not sticking up for the original poster, just giving a possible reason why it was posted.

I have no idea if the story has any merit or not, and frankly don't care other than I hope a young man is making the right choices. Just trying to give some insight into why that was ever posted in the first place. If the story is totally false, then at least we all know that now. Good luck to both teams tonight!!

First, I never said Highlands was lousy. Highlands may win. My only point was do not dismiss victories based on early win loss records. I am sure Highlands will go on to have a good season despite their start, and Cov Cath is cleary better than 0-3 as they have played a beast of a schedule to date. I hope for another good game and enjoy that there is some competition this year to talk about in several ranks. Should be a great year for 6A to decide best in this area and also might be the first year in Ages that someone can even think about competing for 5A.

Is 4 years ages for 5A titles? Highlands won the 5A title the first 4 years they had a 5A title 2007-2010. They only reason they didn't win the last 4 years of 5A titles is because they were forced to drop to 4A.