theguru

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by hokiefromky

You have to help me more if I'm going to play detective.

Has more than one person posted as "CheerNBhappy"? You say people have helped you, but you have not directly said that other's have posted on the screen name.

If so, then there is no way to tell whether or not Cheer is real or not.

We know you can post anything you want under any persons name, but you have also said that you did not change the "Choose your side" poll numbers becuase you couldn't code. Does this mean that you cannot change the post time stamp or that SwampRat is in on this?

Again, if Swamprat is involved or you know how to edit time stamps, there is no way to tell (unless you provide "un-doctored" records such as recorded times and IP addresses).

He wouldn't have to edit anything for that Hokie. In order to be online, under two different accounts, at the same time all you have to do is open up two browsers at the same time and log in under the two names. He could have typed one response in one browser as Guru and typed the other response in the other browser as Cheer and then simply hit the submit button on each response within a few seconds of each other. They would have both been posted within the same minute.

You have to help me more if I'm going to play detective.

Has more than one person posted as "CheerNBhappy"? You say people have helped you, but you have not directly said that other's have posted on the screen name.

If so, then there is no way to tell whether or not Cheer is real or not.

We know you can post anything you want under any persons name, but you have also said that you did not change the "Choose your side" poll numbers becuase you couldn't code. Does this mean that you cannot change the post time stamp or that SwampRat is in on this?

Again, if Swamprat is involved or you know how to edit time stamps, there is no way to tell (unless you provide "un-doctored" records such as recorded times and IP addresses).

I did have help but I am not going to tell you to what extent.

On the poll, I did NOT change it. As a matter of fact, once I tracked down who did change it (and had them explain to me how it was done because I didn't know I could do it) I changed it back to the correct number and asked all of my mods in the future not to change the results of any poll on the site.

Originally posted by Watusi

He wouldn't have to edit anything for that Hokie. In order to be online, under two different accounts, at the same time all you have to do is open up two browsers at the same time and log in under the two names. He could have typed one response in one browser as Guru and typed the other response in the other browser as Cheer and then simply hit the submit button on each response within a few seconds of each other. They would have both been posted within the same minute.

Yes, I realize that. But if I do enough research, I can figure out Guru's work hours on 3/17/2003. On that day, he has written alibi that says he was working at 12:30am. If I can find a post by Cheer around that same time, I can prove him wrong. That is, unless other people have posted on Cheer's name or unless Guru or his group of "internet thugs" can change the post time stamp.

Yes, I realize that. But if I do enough research, I can figure out Guru's work hours on 3/17/2003. On that day, he has written alibi that says he was working at 12:30am. If I can find a post by Cheer around that same time, I can prove him wrong. That is, unless other people have posted on Cheer's name.

I have net access 24 hours a day if needed.

Yes, I realize that. But if I do enough research, I can figure out Guru's work hours on 3/17/2003. On that day, he has written alibi that says he was working at 12:30am. If I can find a post by Cheer around that same time, I can prove him wrong. That is, unless other people have posted on Cheer's name.

I don't think so. He posted he has email in the squad car, probably has online access too. And a lot of coffee (donut) shops offer cyber access these days. :lol: And we all post from work when nobody is looking.

Originally posted by theguru

I have net access 24 hours a day if needed.

But at 12:30am on 3/17/2003 you were working, not posting to BGP. I would also think that the next few hours you were doing paperwork on the attempted robbery. I would hope you wouldn't distract yourself from your police work (if in fact you are a cop) to lead a group of internet junkies down a wayward path.:)

Well, as you know our time is a little off here on the site and of course the papers is always right with every fact they present. Besides, right up until the call went out I was sitting right by a computer with access to the web.:cool:

And, I didn't have to do most of the paperwork, Ofc. Irwin did. I just did a property card, ran a CH (I had to wait a while for the CH to come back and again I was right by a computer with net access), and secured the bad guys gun in a gun box. Just routine stuff with a lot of down time...

After reading all of these posts, I don't know what to think...

Part of me thinks that theguru is sincere.

But then I go back and read the posts, and I see that Cheernbhappy doesn't use punctuation and correct grammar. Theguru almost always does...Earlier in this thread, he was not. This leads me to believe that he really is cheer.

However, later on theguru would respond to a question, and a minute later cheer would respond to the same question...this makes me believe that they are 2 separate people....

But then again, I do remember Cheer saying that she grew up by Beechwood...theguru went to Beechwood...but in a poll, Cheer voted for Cov Cath, and I remember her saying she (can I say she?) voted for Cov Cath because it was the only school she was somewhat familiar with...

I'm lost.

Originally posted by ColonelCrazy

After reading all of these posts, I don't know what to think...

Part of me thinks that theguru is sincere.

But then I go back and read the posts, and I see that Cheernbhappy doesn't use punctuation and correct grammar. Theguru almost always does...Earlier in this thread, he was not. This leads me to believe that he really is cheer.

However, later on theguru would respond to a question, and a minute later cheer would respond to the same question...this makes me believe that they are 2 separate people....

But then again, I do remember Cheer saying that she grew up by Beechwood...theguru went to Beechwood...but in a poll, Cheer voted for Cov Cath, and I remember her saying she (can I say she?) voted for Cov Cath because it was the only school she was somewhat familiar with...

I'm lost.

:cool: