Police Shoot Man Who Had His Hands Raised Above His Head

Clyde

***LIVE***

Texas Sheriff says that the first video is a concern to all. But that they want to get this right and urge all to remain calm as the investigation moves forward. All information being reviewed and the FBI has opened a case to ensure that the case is investigated correctly. FBI assisting Sheriff's Office with the investigation also. At the conclusion of the investigation all information will be turned over to the D.A. office.

Says second video covers longer period of time and from a different angle. Video is turned over to the Texas Dept Public Service Crime Lab.

We believe that the Mr Flores had a knife. It appears in the video that he has something in his hand.

Reporter asked her why did they shoot him in the chest instead of somewhere else? Explained that officers are trained to shoot center of the target to offset adrenaline.

It's important that we get this right for the Flores family, for the deputies, the community and nationally.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Police chief said "...it APPEARS that he had a knife in his hand."

1. That would be in the report filed by the officer, correct?

2. The knife would have been found on the ground after the victim was shot.

Why does it "appear?"

"Law enforcement sources confirmed Wednesday that Bexar County Sheriff's deputies last week shot and killed a man after they saw a knife in one of his hands — despite a widely viewed video that shows his hands raised. "

"I'm going to die today," one source quoted Gilbert Flores as saying during his confrontation with the deputies at a Northwest Side subdivision last Friday. "He kept telling them they were going to have to kill him."

"According to the sources, Flores emerged from the house, and tried to stab one deputy, but he blocked the knife with a Plexiglass shield.

"He would have stabbed the deputy if he did not have that shield," said one of the sources.

The other deputy tried to use a Taser on Flores, but the probes didn't completely strike him.

At one point, Flores tried to get back in the house, then into a personal car and also in a BCSO squad car, but couldn't.

The second video, shot by one of Flores' neighbors from inside a nearby home, shows more of the confrontation than the initial video and is "much closer and much clearer," said one source.

"You can hear them (the neighbors recording the second video), saying, 'Why aren't they shooting him?'" that source said. "

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Bexar-police-shooting-San-Antonio-hands-up-6481111.php

I don't know with your screen name if your a police officer or not, but how many police officers do you believe have or would shoot a suspect if he had a weapon, but had his hands straight up in the air? From the video do you believe the suspect should have been shot?

In this case, I don't think we have all the facts. If he has no weapon in the hand we can't see, then it becomes very problematic to justify the shooting. That being said, we need all the facts.

You never answered my question, BTW.

"Law enforcement sources confirmed Wednesday that Bexar County Sheriff's deputies last week shot and killed a man after they saw a knife in one of his hands — despite a widely viewed video that shows his hands raised. "

"I'm going to die today," one source quoted Gilbert Flores as saying during his confrontation with the deputies at a Northwest Side subdivision last Friday. "He kept telling them they were going to have to kill him."

"According to the sources, Flores emerged from the house, and tried to stab one deputy, but he blocked the knife with a Plexiglass shield.

"He would have stabbed the deputy if he did not have that shield," said one of the sources.

The other deputy tried to use a Taser on Flores, but the probes didn't completely strike him.

At one point, Flores tried to get back in the house, then into a personal car and also in a BCSO squad car, but couldn't.

The second video, shot by one of Flores' neighbors from inside a nearby home, shows more of the confrontation than the initial video and is "much closer and much clearer," said one source.

"You can hear them (the neighbors recording the second video), saying, 'Why aren't they shooting him?'" that source said. "

Sources: Gilbert Flores tried stabbing deputy before fatal shooting in San Antonio - San Antonio Express-News

If true...........Suicide by Cop.

After reviewing the video again I take back my statement that the video was clear enough that he didn't have a gun. I guess he could have had a gun in his left hand. Wouldn't you think that would have been in the report though if he had a weapon?

OK, just watching the video and I have not read any police report, I cannot see the left arm or even if it is up or has a weapon because of the pole in foreground. In my opinion, and I watched this numerous times, he does make a movement to his waistband and is shot within a second. Why did he take that hand down just before he was shot?

No I absolutely think their guns should have been drawn and pointed at the suspect. Would you have shot the suspect in that situation?

Agreed that IF he had a gun, or any reason that the officers thought it they needed to be, the guns could be drawn, I have no issue there. Then the officers need to think quickly what to say and do to attempt to disarm him.

At this pint it doesn't look good for the officers. And as you asked, if the guy had a gun why wasn't that included in the detailed police report?

But, I'll wait to see the other video. But didn't the DA saying something on the lines of "it's disturbing"? If so, what sas disturbing? What he saw in the other video? The last time we heard language like that on an officer shooting was Deters, the Cincy City Manager and the Cincy police Chief talking about the UC officer.

But again, I'll wait until more information comes out.

Agreed that IF he had a gun, or any reason that the officers thought it they needed to be, the guns could be drawn, I have no issue there. Then the officers need to think quickly what to say and do to attempt to disarm him.

At this pint it doesn't look good for the officers. And as you asked, if the guy had a gun why wasn't that included in the detailed police report?

But, I'll wait to see the other video. But didn't the DA saying something on the lines of "it's disturbing"? If so, what sas disturbing? What he saw in the other video? The last time we heard language like that on an officer shooting was Deters, the Cincy City Manager and the Cincy police Chief talking about the UC officer.

But again, I'll wait until more information comes out.

He didn't have a gun. Reports are he had a knife, and tried to stab an officer at least once.

In this case, I don't think we have all the facts. If he has no weapon in the hand we can't see, then it becomes very problematic to justify the shooting. That being said, we need all the facts.

You never answered my question, BTW.

What question was that?