Police Shoot Man Who Had His Hands Raised Above His Head

Clyde

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was his left hand in the air when he was shot? I can't tell.

Maybe it was, but a man with a knife within that close of a range is a mortal danger to anyone around him...depending on the entirety of the situation shooting him may have been justified.

We'll see what else comes out.

So he had a knife in his hand and his hands were in the air. If he's threatening he's going to kill himself (which was in the article that RM posted earlier), would you say the shooting is justified?

So he had a knife in his hand and his hands were in the air. If he's threatening he's going to kill himself (which was in the article that RM posted earlier), would you say the shooting is justified?
Were both of his hands in the air? Some one with a knife in their hand is a real threat to those around him. I will still wait until we know exactly what happened to say if I think this was justified or not. The fact that both officers (allegedly) shot at the same time IMO shows that they both saw an action from him that warranted shooting him and this wasn't some one over reacting or panicking.

Does anyone else notice the sudden movement and the hands coming down before the shots can be heard?

I said earlier it looked like something metal was shining when he dropped his hands from sun reflection. A knife makes sense.

I would think a knife would be more dangerous with hands in the air than a gun. A gun is at least pointed and has one exit point. A knife can be thrown and be very deadly.

Considering the guy darn near beat his wife and baby to death (per the article) I would think you would assume he planned to use the knife.

If he had a knife, was told to drop it, and refused...I don't care if his hands were up, down, side ways, behind his back, up his butt...they were justified in shooting him based on how close they seem to be to him.