Police Shoot Man Who Had His Hands Raised Above His Head

Clyde

Even if he did have a gun in his hand, his hands are straight up in the air. He wasn't a threat.

You have no clue on this, if he had a gun in his hands he is a definite threat, regardless where his hands are pointed.

He didn't look to have a gun, but anyone holding a gun is a threat...you either drop it or take a chance on getting shot.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can play the assume game all day...in that case no.

What if the guy had a knife in his hand that couldn't be seen from 200 yards away and refused to drop it, already being tasered...do you wait until he starts to charge with the knife and hope you are able to stop him as he charges?

You can play this game all day...let's see what the facts are.

After already being tasered? That didn't happen.

You keep saying "facts" you ignore the facts that they lied? If they had "facts" on their side we would have heard them.

After already being tasered? That didn't happen.

You keep saying "facts" you ignore the facts that they lied? If they had "facts" on their side we would have heard them.

How do you know he wasn't tasered before the video? Is there a link with that info somewhere? Police appeared to have a shield out in the video as they reported, the incident appears to have been going on a while before the video began.

To be clear what are you saying they lied about...The use of the Taser and shield?

Just to be clear I AM NOT defending the officers actions, just not rushing to judgement they way most of you are.

Where I should be cautious is saying the "taser" didn't happen. Maybe it happened before the video started.

However, it all boils down to the hands raised above his head and not being a threat.

You have no clue on this, if he had a gun in his hands he is a definite threat, regardless where his hands are pointed.

He didn't look to have a gun, but anyone holding a gun is a threat...you either drop it or take a chance on getting shot.

I do have a clue. Even if he did have a gun in his hand ( and he didn't, the video is clear enough) I'm sure officers aren't trained to shoot when the hands are raised above the head. The officer panicked and shot, and then he lied about it.

After reviewing the video again I take back my statement that the video was clear enough that he didn't have a gun. I guess he could have had a gun in his left hand. Wouldn't you think that would have been in the report though if he had a weapon?

Unless something else is released and I have no clue what that could be. I can't see any defense for the officer and he needs to be in jail.

Even trying to give a benefit of doubt ie may have had something in his hands the shots take place so quickly after he raises his hands that it makes it hard to believe they ordered him to "drop it."

However, the fact that both officers appear to have fired does make me wonder.

It will be interesting to see if the reported second video shows something different.

I do have a clue. Even if he did have a gun in his hand ( and he didn't, the video is clear enough) I'm sure officers aren't trained to shoot when the hands are raised above the head. The officer panicked and shot, and then he lied about it.

What is this lie you and Clyde refer to? Do you have a link to what the officer said happened, I looked earlier and couldn't find one.

What is this lie you and Clyde refer to? Do you have a link to what the officer said happened, I looked earlier and couldn't find one.

I now am not sure about the lie claim. They said they tased him. I had read that the claim was not true.

If you watch the midsection of the guy right after he is shot, there is a flash of something at his midsection when his left hand drops down. Like sun flashing off of metal.

Also you can see when the third officer comes on scene and flips the guy over to what looks like cuff him, you can see something flip around by the guys legs. (admittedly this could be a shoe or sandal.)

I now am not sure about the lie claim. They said they tased him. I had read that the claim was not true.

So LRCW is probably just running with what you said...that's cool. I had just been looking for an official account of what they said to see what they lied about and couldn't find one.