Clyde

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why?

What? You don't think it will be interesting to see why the officers said they shot him, what they may have seen or known that led them to shoot him...or if they thought they could do it and get a way with it.

If the past has taught us noting here on BGP, jumping to conclusions with only preliminary info normally proves to be foolish (I'm as guilty as you and others are of that, BTW). Let's see what the facts are and if the officers should be charged or not...maybe they should be and if they are wrong they should be...maybe there was a reason they reacted the way they did...it will be interesting to see what the facts are of this case.

What? You don't think it will be interesting to see why the officers said they shot him, what they may have seen or known that led them to shoot him...or if they thought they could do it and get a way with it.

If the past has taught us noting here on BGP, jumping to conclusions with only preliminary info normally proves to be foolish (I'm as guilty as you and others are of that, BTW). Let's see what the facts are and if the officers should be charged or not...maybe they should be and if they are wrong they should be...maybe there was a reason they reacted the way they did...it will be interesting to see what the facts are of this case.

They already said why they shot him. They lied. You can't get much more factual than the video.

Let's assume the following:

Guy said he was going to kill the officer and rape his wife.

Guy said he had a gun in his pants.

Does any of that legally (key) justify a shooting of the guy while his hands are above his head?

I've seen all I need to see. The officer shot and killed a man that didn't need to be shot.

A blurry video from one angle from a couple hundred yards away and that's all you need to know? You may be right, I'll wait to see a little more information...if the officers were wrong they will be charged and should be.

Just because his hands are up, doesn't mean he may not have a weapon in this hand. You cant tell from as far away as the video is.

OK. You're the officer and you think he has a weapon in his hand.

Would you put that in your report?

Would you then lie to say you has to taze him?

Just because his hands are up, doesn't mean he may not have a weapon in this hand. You cant tell from as far away as the video is.

Even if he did have a gun in his hand, his hands are straight up in the air. He wasn't a threat.

A blurry video from one angle from a couple hundred yards away and that's all you need to know? You may be right, I'll wait to see a little more information...if the officers were wrong they will be charged and should be.

What could possibly come out that would justify it?

Why lie if facts are on your side?

Does any of that legally (key) justify a shooting of the guy while his hands are above his head?

That's what they all say....

You can play the assume game all day...in that case no.

What if the guy had a knife in his hand that couldn't be seen from 200 yards away and refused to drop it, already being tasered...do you wait until he starts to charge with the knife and hope you are able to stop him as he charges?

You can play this game all day...let's see what the facts are.