Police Shoot Man Who Had His Hands Raised Above His Head

Clyde

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So LRCW is probably just running with what you said...that's cool. I had just been looking for an official account of what they said to see what they lied about and couldn't find one.

My fault on that one. Not sure what I read.

Even trying to give a benefit of doubt ie may have had something in his hands the shots take place so quickly after he raises his hands that it makes it hard to believe they ordered him to "drop it."

However, the fact that both officers appear to have fired does make me wonder.

It will be interesting to see if the reported second video shows something different.

I agree, with both officers firing it would seem that they both perceived a threat of some sort. With the Sheriffs office saying that he was armed hopefully they will provide that evidence as well as the second video that has turned up.

What is this lie you and Clyde refer to? Do you have a link to what the officer said happened, I looked earlier and couldn't find one.

So LRCW is probably just running with what you said...that's cool. I had just been looking for an official account of what they said to see what they lied about and couldn't find one.

Yes, going on what Clyde said was in the initial report.

Even if he did have a gun in his hand, his hands are straight up in the air. He wasn't a threat.

This statement has to be one of the more not thought out statements I have read.

Anytime a person has a weapon in their hand they are a threat.

This statement has to be one of the more not thought out statements I have read.

Anytime a person has a weapon in their hand they are a threat.

I've had a gun in my hand countless times, and I've never been a threat.

Does everyone know you are not a threat?

In the context you were making the statement, you know what I mean.

I don't know with your screen name if your a police officer or not, but how many police officers do you believe have or would shoot a suspect if he had a weapon, but had his hands straight up in the air? From the video do you believe the suspect should have been shot?

I don't know with your screen name if your a police officer or not, but how many police officers do you believe have or would shoot a suspect if he had a weapon, but had his hands straight up in the air? From the video do you believe the suspect should have been shot?

I'm not a cop but will answer. IF he had a gun, his hands being raised does not matter, the shooting is justified. You can't run around acting crazy like he was, pull a gun, and not expect to get shot. So IF he did in fact have a gun I have no issue with the officers shooting him.

That said, based on what I can tell from the video alone, it doesn't appear to be any reason to shoot him. But like Jumper_dad said, I will wait for all facts to come out before saying one way or the other.

I've had a gun in my hand countless times, and I've never been a threat.

Of course you were a threat, the fact that you had no inclination to act on it is why you consider yourself as no threat. The situation that you were in may have made you think you were no threat...maybe you were hunting or target shooting, both of which are situations in which others wouldn't necessarily consider someone with a gun a threat.

But if some one came up to you with you holding a gun after you had just attacked your wife, wouldn't it be prudent to consider you a threat?

A man has stolen a car and runs from the police, wrecks and jumps out with a gun or knife in his hand...would you consider them a threat? Of course you would.

The totality of the situation is what has to be taken into account, not one snap shot moment.

I'm not a cop but will answer. IF he had a gun, his hands being raised does not matter, the shooting is justified. You can't run around acting crazy like he was, pull a gun, and not expect to get shot. So IF he did in fact have a gun I have no issue with the officers shooting him.

That said, based on what I can tell from the video alone, it doesn't appear to be any reason to shoot him. But like Jumper_dad said, I will wait for all facts to come out before saying one way or the other.

So you think most cops shoot a suspect if he has a gun in his hand, but his hands are raised straight up in the air?

How do you know what his left hand is doing in the video? Can you see through things?