Police Shoot Man Who Had His Hands Raised Above His Head

Clyde

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude dropped like a hot rock. I sure hope for the officer's sake that he had a gun in his hand. I've watched the video a dozen times. I can't tell. When he goes behind the automobile it looks like his left has something in it, but I may be trying to put something there that's not. Sheesh.

Takes less than a second. If lrcw thinks he wouldn't have been a threat at all, even if he had a gun, does he think police then shouldn't have even had their weapons pointed at him?

No I absolutely think their guns should have been drawn and pointed at the suspect. Would you have shot the suspect in that situation?

Is that a yes or no to my question?

I've never been a police officer so I can't answer your question. I was just spitballing there with the fact that even if your hands are raised, IF you have a gun, you can still shoot it. It may not hit the target you are intending, but the gun will still shoot. That means you are still a threat.

I've never been a police officer so I can't answer your question. I was just spitballing there with the fact that even if your hands are raised, IF you have a gun, you can still shoot it. It may not hit the target you are intending, but the gun will still shoot. That means you are still a threat.

Perhaps I could have worded it better than just threat, but I would assume, and only somebody like @halfback20 or @theguru or any other BGP that is or has worked in law enforcement can answer this, that officers are trained to shoot a suspect if they feel their life, or the life of someone else is in danger.

Indefensible.

Of course, that won't stop some from trying.

Everything isn't always as absolute as you think it is.

This still is far from over in terms of deciding whether they were justified, but is it evident to you now that sometimes things aren't what they seem?