Daviess County 27 Owensboro Catholic 21 (OT)

Very disappointing effort from OC. DC is much improved but Catholic looked awful. Way to many penalties and dropped passes. The most frustrating thing is this teams inability to score from inside the red zone. When they get close to the end zone they have no way of moving the ball and when you are never going to kick a FG it makes it even harder. I can't really think of one positive tonight for the Aces.

OCHS looked very average at best, the good thing is they have a long season ahead of them and they will bounce back. They need to find a running game without it, rush 3 drop 8 and see what happens. For DC, great win and one the program has needed.

Holy cross blitzed so heavily that Zuberer didn't have time to think but DC forced him to make decisions and the result was not good for Catholic.

I got to call this one for HomersRadio.com and it was a classic. It looked like to me that Daviess County had the mentality that this was the game where they wanted to prove that they not the same DC that weve grown to know over the years and on the Catholic side, it looked like a team that had one eye on next week(Owensboro). Catholic was flat from the start and never fully settled in. DC dominated field position in the first half mostly due to poor special teams play from the Aces. The Panthers led 14-7 after the first half with a great performance by the secondary. I thought Johnathan Powell & Alec Payne played lights out for DC at the Cornerback spot.

DC came out of the locker room and put together a real nice drive, mostly on the ground, led by Chace Lecroy. It wasnt until late in the 3rd quarter that the Aces could respond, this time getting the short field and taking advantage to cut the lead to 7 heading into the 4th. DC looked to be in full control late, running 5-6 minutes off the clock with the ground game. Shamari Morton took advantage of a tipped ball INT and took it about 65 yards to the house to tie the game late in the 4th quarter. Catholic went from dead to right to in business, but DC didnt fold. After going 3 and out DC held tight after a poor punt gave OC great field position. DC settled for OT. Their defense held Catholic on 4 straight plays and Lecroy rumbled for 10 yards on the first Panther possession in OT to win the game. It was a pretty electric atmosphere to close out a great ball game.

I got to call this one for HomersRadio.com and it was a classic. It looked like to me that Daviess County had the mentality that this was the game where they wanted to prove that they not the same DC that weve grown to know over the years and on the Catholic side, it looked like a team that had one eye on next week(Owensboro). Catholic was flat from the start and never fully settled in. DC dominated field position in the first half mostly due to poor special teams play from the Aces. The Panthers led 14-7 after the first half with a great performance by the secondary. I thought Johnathan Powell & Alec Payne played lights out for DC at the Cornerback spot.

DC came out of the locker room and put together a real nice drive, mostly on the ground, led by Chace Lecroy. It wasnt until late in the 3rd quarter that the Aces could respond, this time getting the short field and taking advantage to cut the lead to 7 heading into the 4th. DC looked to be in full control late, running 5-6 minutes off the clock with the ground game. Shamari Morton took advantage of a tipped ball INT and took it about 65 yards to the house to tie the game late in the 4th quarter. Catholic went from dead to right to in business, but DC didnt fold. After going 3 and out DC held tight after a poor punt gave OC great field position. DC settled for OT. Their defense held Catholic on 4 straight plays and Lecroy rumbled for 10 yards on the first Panther possession in OT to win the game. It was a pretty electric atmosphere to close out a great ball game.

Good report.:thumb:

After seeing this game on TV.. I give credit to Daviess Co's coaches and kids. They came out and played hard and deserved to win. With that being said that may have been the worst game I've seen from a group of Catholic's WR's in along time. Atleast a dozen drop passes that just killed drives. They continue to struggle in the red zone and I thought they should have stuck with the run game more. Catholic's defense came out flat but played well enough to win and made a huge play (pick 6) and stops in the 4th quarter to put them in position to win. I think OC will struggle again this week against OHS but I will be interested to see how Daviess Co's season goes from here.