Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 35 Covington Catholic 28

Featured Replies

Awful to hear. He will get his coaching career started early and will be will be a great asset for a state title run.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't someone on here say CCH was going to have a VERY GOOD D this season, they must of stayed in the locker room I guess? (LOL) Told you Ryle was the better team, period, end of story.

Didn't someone on here say CCH was going to have a VERY GOOD D this season, they must of stayed in the locker room I guess? (LOL) Told you Ryle was the better team, period, end of story.

Probably the same person that said the O line couldn't protect Tanner and that the defense had lost too many players to hang tough.

He had surgery on the devastating ankle injury on Saturday. Very sad for a senior year to end in game 1 for a fine young man. Best wishes to Ben during the recovery period. I'm sure he will be there cheering on the Colonels as soon as possible.

So sad to hear, especially when it takes place in his first game of his senior year.

 

I hope he knows that all of BGP is behind him and sending prayers! Best of luck to him and his family. You have an entire community with you.

Didn't someone on here say CCH was going to have a VERY GOOD D this season, they must of stayed in the locker room I guess? (LOL) Told you Ryle was the better team, period, end of story.

For a Ryle fan, wouldn't it be better for it to be true about CCH's defense? I mean after all that would make Ryle look even better than just a 7 point win. Just sayin

Yeah, keep doing something that isn't working. CCH is making sure he doesn't run the ball effectively and in doing so they couldn't handle the passing game.

 

You can't win without having some sort of balance, with someone as powerful as England you don't go away from him. Limit him, perhaps, but not completely get away from it. He is one snap away from breaking a long TD run.

 

It does seem like CCH couldn't contain the passing game, so I totally get throwing the ball. I wasn't there to see if they still ran the ball some or went almost all pass, but all I am saying is if you know anything about football you know you have to still try to run the ball to keep defenses guessing. Ultimately, whatever Ryle did worked because they scored more than the other team, but I don't see why you don't understand you still have to run the ball even if you aren't having a lot of success with it.

Didn't someone on here say CCH was going to have a VERY GOOD D this season, they must of stayed in the locker room I guess? (LOL) Told you Ryle was the better team, period, end of story.

 

Relax...Ryle was the better team, period, end of the story on Friday. It could have went either way. It was 28-28 late in the game and CCH was driving for the go-ahead score. When they couldn't punch it it, and Ryle took the lead they brought it right back down the field inside the 20 and couldn't punch it in again. I think if these teams play 10 times they split.

You can't win without having some sort of balance, with someone as powerful as England you don't go away from him. Limit him, perhaps, but not completely get away from it. He is one snap away from breaking a long TD run.

 

It does seem like CCH couldn't contain the passing game, so I totally get throwing the ball. I wasn't there to see if they still ran the ball some or went almost all pass, but all I am saying is if you know anything about football you know you have to still try to run the ball to keep defenses guessing. Ultimately, whatever Ryle did worked because they scored more than the other team, but I don't see why you don't understand you still have to run the ball even if you aren't having a lot of success with it.

I am not a believer in balance, if one team can't stop you throwing or running the ball, keep doing it until they stop it, if they can. I am a believer in keeping them honest.

 

I definitely understand England is one play away. Ryle didn't completely abandon the run game but once they recognized that was such a focus by CCH they took what was being given to them. I think McCregor had a long run off about 60yards but as caught by Piccirrillo. Also, many times they were getting man coverage which is easy to abuse in high school.

Edited by doubledeuce

Didn't someone on here say CCH was going to have a VERY GOOD D this season, they must of stayed in the locker room I guess? (LOL) Told you Ryle was the better team, period, end of story.

 

There's nothing worse in sports than a sore winner. You act as if this game was a blowout. Be thankful you came away with the W and try to show a little class while doing so.

Didn't someone on here say CCH was going to have a VERY GOOD D this season, they must of stayed in the locker room I guess? (LOL) Told you Ryle was the better team, period, end of story.

 

Stay classy buddy...

I thought a important moment, late in the game when CCH had 3 and 12 from about the 30. They were in 2 down territory and had been moving the ball. They went conservative with a dive play in the center of the field to try a field goal??? The kid was 0'fer on extra points and you want him to drop a 40 yarder to win it?

 

I felt it was a turning point of the game.

Relax...Ryle was the better team, period, end of the story on Friday. It could have went either way. It was 28-28 late in the game and CCH was driving for the go-ahead score. When they couldn't punch it it, and Ryle took the lead they brought it right back down the field inside the 20 and couldn't punch it in again. I think if these teams play 10 times they split.

 

A couple of things, 1) These teams DON'T play 10 times, they play once, and Ryle won. 2) Stop with the would of, could of, should of. Ryle is, and was, the better team, PERIOD, end of story. Ryle 1-0 CCH 0-1. Deal with it!

I told you it was going to be a fun year in NKY.

I told you it was going to be a fun year in NKY.

I think I used to come across like a real butt-munch when I first joined here back in '12

 

Now I see it's sometimes more entertaining sitting back and watching lol

He had surgery on the devastating ankle injury on Saturday. Very sad for a senior year to end in game 1 for a fine young man. Best wishes to Ben during the recovery period. I'm sure he will be there cheering on the Colonels as soon as possible.

 

Ben will do everything he can to get back into shape and back on the field ASAP

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.